Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Never Without An Issue

Old 09-20-2014, 03:21 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Never Without An Issue

Due To Privacy Concerns and constant bantering, This Post Has Been Deleted

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 10-11-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Do you realize how many dips**ts have tried to use a spare to only find it being flat? Additionally, it accommodates those who do the 5 tire rotation. I'm certain this was in the consideration of the set up from the engineers. Otherwise, someone would throw on the spare only to find it not communicating with the tpms.

Not so dumb of an idea now, is it?
Old 09-20-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

I had a TPMS sensor issue last week which I vented about on this forum. Was driving with all tires properly inflated, including the spare and all of a sudden the TPMS light started blinking on my dash and got instructions "Check TPMS". The interesting thing was each tire, including spare, was around 34 PSI so I figured it must have been a sensor going bad or went loose in the rim or something. So I just slept on it and the next day I decided to deflate the tires a bit and inflate them again, just to mess around with the pressure a bit to see if I can trigger resetting the sensor. So when I pressed on the valve to let out air I noticed it started spitting out fine mist of water for a second or two in the beginning. It did that for two of the tires. After the moisture got let out I inflated the tires back up to 35PSI and following a few minutes of driving the sensor light went off and haven't had an issue since. I'm beginning to conclude that perhaps one of the sensors in the rim started malfunctioning due to moisture build up in the valve which got let out upon deflating the tire a bit.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Do you realize how many dips**ts have tried to use a spare to only find it being flat? Additionally, it accommodates those who do the 5 tire rotation. I'm certain this was in the consideration of the set up from the engineers. Otherwise, someone would throw on the spare only to find it not communicating with the tpms.

Not so dumb of an idea now, is it?
There are dips**ts not rotating 5 tires with a full size spare? They know the spare will just rot in the sun back there in a few years if they never use it right? Not using your full size spare in a 5 rotation = you just wasted the cost of that 5th tire!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:27 PM
-

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 10-11-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Mountain.. was ignoring Jeepstin12 comment because I do rotate the tires using the spare.. and actually rotated it right after we return from our trip.. Hence several of my post mentioned new tires may be in the works..
Okay then, so you rotate your tires, and regardless found out just why the TPMS registering the 5th tire is important. I see nothing to be upset about.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

And it only took you this long to know how the TPMS works? They are not instant off if you have a low pressure problem. There is not an issue with your jeep as you say. It takes a mile or two for them to reset.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainNapalm
I had a TPMS sensor issue last week which I vented about on this forum. Was driving with all tires properly inflated, including the spare and all of a sudden the TPMS light started blinking on my dash and got instructions "Check TPMS". The interesting thing was each tire, including spare, was around 34 PSI so I figured it must have been a sensor going bad or went loose in the rim or something. So I just slept on it and the next day I decided to deflate the tires a bit and inflate them again, just to mess around with the pressure a bit to see if I can trigger resetting the sensor. So when I pressed on the valve to let out air I noticed it started spitting out fine mist of water for a second or two in the beginning. It did that for two of the tires. After the moisture got let out I inflated the tires back up to 35PSI and following a few minutes of driving the sensor light went off and haven't had an issue since. I'm beginning to conclude that perhaps one of the sensors in the rim started malfunctioning due to moisture build up in the valve which got let out upon deflating the tire a bit.
Huh. Glad I read your post. Never heard of such a thing but makes sense. I'm thinking the moisture was actually inside the tire not just the valve, as that is where the sensor is. Whoever filled the tires should probably drain the water from their compressor.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:47 AM
-

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 10-11-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I have 2012. One time a tire got a big hole in it. I exchanged it with the spare. Drive for 2 hours with the spare 100% flat. No tire pressure light came on for the ride home. It was on when the flat tire was still on the left rear before I swapped. Point is that the spare being flat gave no signal.

Quick Reply: Never Without An Issue