Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Never Locked out, never stranded

Old 04-28-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a key made for the sole purpose of just opening the doors in case I forget to pull the keys and lock up with Hardtop on. Purchased one of those magnetic holders and tucked it away under the hood where only I will find it.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zacjackson
Just remember that if your jeep gets broken into, the radio will be the first thing to go. That means they will find your active key while ripping apart the dash...

I would hide is someplace else, behind the glove box, zip tied under the seat, in the roll bar pad etc.
Didn't think of roll bar pad. i like the idea. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Skeleton Key In My Wallet

I dropped my keys in that blackhole of a crack between the seat and center console once and promptly got out and locked the doors. A bit later in the airport I realized I didn't have my keys!!!! Luckily the airport maintenance was equipped for this and opened my Jeep but still had no idea where my keys were. With the horn sounding and me near panic I reached under the seat and found the keys.

I now keep a skeleton key in my wallet.

I really like the idea of a working key hid inside as mentioned here. That way I'm covered no matter how forgetful I am. Great idea!! This should go in the Write Up section!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 AM
JK Freak

thats prett good what i did was got a key cut that just unlocks the doors. so yeah if anyone finds it oh they can get into my jeep but they cant steal it =] and i just stuck that in my spare tire carrier drilled two holes and took some metal wire and ran it though the key so it secure...i will never get locked out of my jeep

Quick Reply: Never Locked out, never stranded