Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Neutral Start Switch???

Old 02-20-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral Start Switch???

A month or so ago, my 07 Unlimited (Auto) had the infamous failure to start issue. Most posts look to some security module that is impacted by static discharge. My Jeep has 52K miles, so would prefer to NOT go to the dealer.

However, it did it again last night, and out of curiousity, I lightly pressed the shifter forward (in park) and she immediately started. This is the same symptoms I would occassionally have on my 70's vintage Mustands and Cougars and was always related to a mis-adjusted neutral start safety switch.

Does our Jeep have the same issue? If so, is it something we can adjust?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this isn't a revisit to the NSS issues of the Cherokee. Usually ended up being a bad NSS, which is expensive to replace. Sometimes they could be taken apart and cleaned, usually the malfunction was due to dirty contacts inside the housing.

Good luck.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was so annoying on my Cherokee. I finally just spliced the wires together, so I could always start it. I just didn't have backup lights for the last few years.

Quick Reply: Neutral Start Switch???