Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need your highway tires opinion

Old 02-23-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your highway tires opinion

I've got an unmodified 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara that to be honest, I really only ever drive on the highway. The most offroading I ever do is a parking lot at a stadium.

I've got about 55K miles on my original Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires and they need replacing. I'm looking to spend around 150-180 a tire. Can anyone recommend some tires for me?

I've looked at the Pirelli Scorpion STR and the Michelin LTX but wasn't convinced on the consumer reports reviews that I should go that way. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Michelin is a great tire. I put them on my wifes's Explorer right after I bought it. However Im not sure how they will look on the Jeep.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by epastoor
I've got an unmodified 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara that to be honest, I really only ever drive on the highway. The most offroading I ever do is a parking lot at a stadium.

I've got about 55K miles on my original Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires and they need replacing. I'm looking to spend around 150-180 a tire. Can anyone recommend some tires for me?

I've looked at the Pirelli Scorpion STR and the Michelin LTX but wasn't convinced on the consumer reports reviews that I should go that way. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Take a look at the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in a "C" load rating. This tire has a dual purpose tread ( highway in the middle, off road on the outer edges ). It has an impresive appearance. And the "C" rating should be in your price range and performance specs.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 2 is a very good tire on the road and isn't that bad off road. I ran a 33" on my JK a few years ago.

Last edited by armycop; 02-23-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

BFG AT they look good, can handle off road and will last 50,000 miles.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by epastoor

Thanks!
Put a set of Scorpion STR's on the wifes 99XJ. They were a great tire with plenty of grip during the rain and snow and had a good looking tread pattern, however they were hard to keep balanced.
Can't go wrong with a set of Michelin's.
Just put a set of Goodyear silent armors on the daughters 05 Grand Cherokee Limited. Although the tread does not look that agressive, I was pleased with the way they handled in rain and snow, and all types of highway driving.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks a bunch everyone for your tips. This was a lot of help!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jerseyjeep95
I have always been a huge BFG All Terrain fan. They ride nice and wear like iron. Not sure what part of the country your from, but you will like them in the snow also. My vote goes to the BFG's.
x2....had these on both of my Jeeps, No road noise.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

MT ATZ's work well
Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't forget FCII

Quick Reply: Need your highway tires opinion