Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need a way to tighten the Soft Top seal above the windshield

Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a way to tighten the Soft Top seal above the windshield

Hi,
I am looking for a way to improve the seal in the front of my car where the soft top attaches on to the wind shield. When I drive at speeds over 40mph the wind starts seeping through and causing for an extremely loud ride.
When I kick it up to 60-70mph it can even start to whistle sometimes. So far the only fix I've found is to turn the radio up louder.
I have to drive acrosss country in a few weeks and I'm hoping to find a solution because I don't know if I can handle that whistle on a 24 hour trek.
I have a 2007 4dr Unlimited.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

I seen a post on here before about folks picking up some 3/4" weatherstripping from home depot and gorilla gluing it to the top itself.

I was going to do this eventually, just haven't gotten around to try it out yet.

If you do a search on weatherstripping, you'll find a bunch of posts that deal with all types of leaking problems with softtops.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might be able to move your cage bars towards the windshield more by loosening all of the bolts at the speaker bar and moving the bars towards the windshield, then retighten
Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Your header panel is warped. Order a new one from your dealer per... (TSB # 23-010-09 "REV A"). This replaces the plastic header with a metal one. If your still under warranty it will be coverd. Seems the TSB is good for 07-09. Mine was so bad that it wasn't enjoyable going on a long trip..it drove me nuts.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rclark
Your header panel is warped. Order a new one from your dealer per... (TSB # 23-010-09 "REV A"). This replaces the plastic header with a metal one. If your still under warranty it will be coverd. Seems the TSB is good for 07-09. Mine was so bad that it wasn't enjoyable going on a long trip..it drove me nuts.
How noticeable was the improvement if any with the new metal header?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the tsb header done a while ago too.. it def makes a differance!! also the two loops the latches latch to can be adjusted with a torx bit.. maybe move them down a tiny bit to tighten up that seal when u latch them..

Quick Reply: Need a way to tighten the Soft Top seal above the windshield