Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need a source for stock JK plastic fender mounting clips chrysler is too expensive

Old 04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i log on tonight, and i see this. Weird .. I just found out today that Lowes sells clips almost exactly the same as the OEM ones. Just thought i would throw that in for anyone as impatient as myself and wants them NOW.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

which department at Lowes? I usually end up walking around in there for a few days before i find what I am after.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Muckaneer
which department at Lowes? I usually end up walking around in there for a few days before i find what I am after.

Haha. Me too. Which never works out well for my wallet. They are on the hardware/screw aisle. In the specialty bins. Whole drawer of 'em. Like 15 different sizes.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

How exactly do these go on? I still have the plastic fender wall cover on, and some of them say they do not fit with it on. Would the GM push type ones work with the fender wall cover? Also, any help on how to install the fener back out woul be appreciated. By fender flare is not off the jeep, the first four clips sheared off in Moab when I hit a rock wall about three times, not it's sagging pretty bad. Do I need to completely remove the fender flare and remount it with the new clips? Any info helps, thanks guys.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can check out fastenal, also. just google it.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

clipsandfasteners.com
Just received mine today.
$8 for 15
The only problem is there grey. I'm just going to put bedliner over them.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Muckaneer
Dude, so glad it's not just me... I've started packing a lunch.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by burnout88
This place has them

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/GM_Push_Type_Retainer_25mm_Stem_Lgth_p/a16835.htm
Those are not the clips for the fender. Did you mean somewhere on their site? If so, a part number might be helpful.

Originally Posted by Redjk07
... I just found out today that Lowes sells clips almost exactly the same as the OEM ones. Just thought i would throw that in for anyone as impatient as myself and wants them NOW.
Are you certain of that? The clips in the above link are not to hold the fender on. They are similar (perhaps identical) to the clips to hold the grill on--which are easily found at pretty much any auto parts store. The clips for the fender are much more difficult to find. I spent a day searching all over town, the Internet and phone calls to the actual clip manufacturer in a quest to get my Jeep fixed before heading off to Moab, and no one local had the clips for the fender (even the dealer had to order, and his price was $4.80 each). Ended up putting my fender back on at 5 a.m. once TORN arrived for our departure that morning with some clips.

These are the clips for the fender ...

directbodyshop.com/m7_view_item.html?m7:item=20887

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
clipsandfasteners.com
Just received mine today.
$8 for 15
The only problem is there grey. I'm just going to put bedliner over them.
They are not the same color as stock, but who cares? They are completely hidden from view when installed.

Last edited by toad; 05-18-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by yj_guy_007
How exactly do these go on? ...
Okay, I'm going to tell you how to get the fender on. Or at least how I did it. I had to remove my fender to get some work done on my Jeep (replace the EGR valve). I removed several bolts (four?) that went through to the body panels and brackets, and pulled the fender to get the clips to remove. In pulling the fender I broke several of the clips. In hindsight, I probably could have saved some/all of these had I been more careful and looked at the back side of the body where each fender clip mounts. By gently squeezing with a pair of pliers, I should have been able to get each clip to release and pass through the hole. Now, if your fender is partly off, you'll need to get the new clips properly seated into its recess hole. Each clip has some nubbins on it that set into two small holes on either side of the main hole the clip passes though. These nubbins ensure the clip doesn't slide around as you install it. Getting these in place with the fender removed is easy. It may not be so easy if the fender is installed. Once these are in place, put the fender in place and press each one of the fasteners into its mating hole on the body. Reinstall the four (?) bolts and pop a beer, you're done.

One note: I've heard about the tear away fender, which doesn't seem to reconcile with the four (?) bolts. Maybe I removed them unnecessarily? Please let me know!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Those are not the clips for the fender. Did you mean somewhere on their site? If so, a part number might be helpful.

Are you certain of that? The clips in the above link are not to hold the fender on. They are similar (perhaps identical) to the clips to hold the grill on--which are easily found at pretty much any auto parts store. The clips for the fender are much more difficult to find. I spent a day searching all over town, the Internet and phone calls to the actual clip manufacturer in a quest to get my Jeep fixed before heading off to Moab, and no one local had the clips for the fender (even the dealer had to order, and his price was $4.80 each). Ended up putting my fender back on at 5 a.m. once TORN arrived for our departure that morning with some clips.

These are the clips for the fender ...

directbodyshop.com/m7_view_item.html?m7:item=20887

They are not the same color as stock, but who cares? They are completely hidden from view when installed.
Mine are not hidden!!!! Because my fenders are cut and some people might care.

If you would look under clips and go to page 8 look for part #55157055-AA

Quick Reply: Need a source for stock JK plastic fender mounting clips chrysler is too expensive