Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need a source for stock JK plastic fender mounting clips chrysler is too expensive

Old 04-25-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a source for stock JK plastic fender mounting clips chrysler is too expensive

Hi Guys

I used the tear off feature of the plastic fenders and broke several of the plastic clips.

Does anyone have a source for these as Chrysler wants over 6 bucks for each clip and thats nuts.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Gee, I thought my dealer at $4.80 each was highway robbery. Anyway, you're in luck, because I just researched this (well, more got the info from TORN, who already had a box). You want AuVeCo part number 20887. It's a different color, but that won't matter. A box of 15 costs about $9 (Google "auveco 20887"). Right now, my fender is setting in my garage awaiting TORN's 5 a.m. arrival tomorrow morning so we can get it back on before heading out to Moab.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Gee, I thought my dealer at $4.80 each was highway robbery. Anyway, you're in luck, because I just researched this (well, more got the info from TORN, who already had a box). You want AuVeCo part number 20887. It's a different color, but that won't matter. A box of 15 costs about $9 (Google "auveco 20887"). Right now, my fender is setting in my garage awaiting TORN's 5 a.m. arrival tomorrow morning so we can get it back on before heading out to Moab.
Thanks I now have two bags on order.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

the ones i ordered had a small foam washer on them, i kept having the last three on my front fender kept popping loose while driving at hwy speeds. i had to remove the foam washers for the clips to fully engage. i think they were the same as you ordered got mine on ebay 9$ a box. just thought id mention it.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Please explain the tear off feature? Sounds interesting..
Old 04-25-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

in my experience when you hydroplane off to the side of the road into the ditch full of water the force tears off the right front fender. need o order some of those clips now. maybe tear off fenders wasnt the best idea.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Jeepswag sells fender clips.

http://jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_fender_fasteners/index.html
Old 04-26-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350

Interesting, That is a good thought. When mine was wrecked, they broke 15 or so clips trying to install the flare.

The local body shop also found out that older ford explorers use the same vendor ass the Mopar clips.

An the Tear Away Feature. Is if you get to close to something, I.E. Elec pole or light pole and rocks and trees the flare will ripe away to try and save the body. Also so they can charge you out the Bung Hole for the clips. When I was T-boned in my JKL I seen the flare go flying up in the air. Landed in the guys truck who hit me. The flare fared better then the jeep. It was ripped a little but the side of the jeep was caved in. I think in that case it didn't work as it was suppose too.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the explanation - totally bizarre. The more I learn about this JK the more I think I should have joined this forum before I bought it.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This place has them

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/GM_Push_Type_Retainer_25mm_Stem_Lgth_p/a16835.htm

Last edited by toad; 05-18-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Please no direct links to non-sponsors.

Quick Reply: Need a source for stock JK plastic fender mounting clips chrysler is too expensive