Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need some advice.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice.

I'm new to having a jeep and I really want to upgrade mine. I've been looking at the teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift. My question is, do I need to get new shocks if I get this lift or can I stay with the stock ones. Eventually I will get new shocks but just for the meanwhile will I be okay?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can keep the stock shocks but your going to have to run 2" bumpstops. I would recommend rancho 9000 series shock. They are adjustable so you can mess with them to get them to your ride comfort.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2.5 terraflex lift

I have the 2.5" Terraflex lift on my 07 with stock shocks and have had no problems. It came with extensions so I could use the stock shocks. I have a Rubicon and the sales tech said the stock shocks on the rubi would be find. I have been over some difficult trails and have had no problems.
Hope this helps
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shock extenders will work fine in the short run, specially on 2.5" lift, since you plan on upgrading the shocks later. I wouldn't use them for heavy offroading on a frequent basis, although I am sure there are those who do.

BTW, TF also makes extenders.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spinlock
Shock extenders will work fine in the short run, specially on 2.5" lift, since you plan on upgrading the shocks later. I wouldn't use them for heavy offroading on a frequent basis, although I am sure there are those who do.

BTW, TF also makes extenders.
Yeah i have the TF shock extensions on my budget boost. They have taken a hell of a beating so far for 13,000 miles with no issues
Old 08-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor

Just purchase the 2.5 Coil Lift that includes the shock extensions and you'll be just fine. You can run this way until you decide you want shocks, it won't harm anything.

Marcus
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

I have the TF 2.5" coil lift with the TF shocks...you can find that as a package deal and never have to upgrade/change in the future.

Quick Reply: Need some advice.