Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need Help: Where does this wire go?

Old 08-24-2024, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help: Where does this wire go?

I was just sitting in a parking lot, had just started the car and then the Jeep died and would not start. I found a wire, which I think is a ground wire that looked like it should be attached somewhere. When we touched it to the rusty screw in the picture on the back of the engine compartment all power returned and I was able to start the Jeep. I am not sure where the proper place to re-attach it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-24-2024, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 401 Likes on 376 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. Your profile lists 2007 JK. Agree probably a Ground .. If you connected to the stud bolt in the picture .. got no ARC's and all power returned I would be looking for a nearby ground bolt, stud
Old 08-25-2024, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. Do you have any hints as to where I should search for a ground bolt?
Old 08-25-2024, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like a ground strap that attaches to the firewall. Is that the end or is there another on the same line?

My '12's have that strap that goes to the firewall then up to the hood.

Quick Reply: Need Help: Where does this wire go?