Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need help identifying what jeep i have!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks from the one picture you got rear tail light guards. I would guess from everything else you got what was in the Mojave package except the lizard seats and hood decal. Package was a built up sport S

* Includes Everything on Sport S, Plus:
* 17-Inch Painted Mineral Gray Wheels
* 32-Inch BFGoodrich? Mud Terrain Tires
* Leather Seats with Lizard Logo
* Body Color 3-Piece Hardtop
* Body Color Fender Flares
* Tubular Side Steps
* Driftwood Interior Accents
* Black Taillamp Guards by Mopar?
* Black / Mineral Gray Front / Rear Bumper
Old 07-16-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to thinking about compnine.com I put that up before also but dont think your vin would show anything yet as it is too new. You really might consider getting a build sheet requested from Jeep if the dealer tries to give you issues. But yes, you do not have a "legit" mojave, you have a "Mohaveclone", cheap one at that. you definately have a Frankenstien of a Jeep for sure.

-Sahara color match fenders
-Sahara side steps
-Special edition/upgrade wheels
-Rubicon issue BFG muddterrains
-Rubicon shocks (this is very interesting, did the dealer just paint them? haha)
-Sport axels (no electronic locker disconnect from the pics provided)
-Sport upgraded seats
-No Mohave 3 piece color match hard top (standard with mojave)
-Mohave/special edition bumper covers

random....very very random
Old 07-16-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

It's not unusual for the dealer to take a base or S model, beef it up with mopar parts, and charge more. Unless they advertised it as a Mojave on the build sheet, they might just say "sorry, not our problem." They had a beefed up Wrangler at the dealership I bought my JK that was a modded Sport.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like they slapped some sahara fenders, and mountain edition wheels and bumper trim of a sport model. Does the dealership sell modded jeeps? That would explain the extra parts they threw on your jeep.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does your window sticker say?? Also send Jeep customer service an email requesting the build sheet based on your VIN. Then you will know what you have there.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CiaMonkey
Ok folks so based on why we know what do we think I have? A sport? Or something? I need to know so I can compare the two vehicles. The thing that gets me it the Red shocks.
Have you looked around at any other dealers to see if there is a Mojave on the lot? Does it look anything like yours?

When I lived in Canada a couple decades ago it was common for the Canadian version of an American car to have different equipment than the US version.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freewill
Have you looked around at any other dealers to see if there is a Mojave on the lot? Does it look anything like yours?

When I lived in Canada a couple decades ago it was common for the Canadian version of an American car to have different equipment than the US version.
Yeah, I do know the export models for outside of North America have quite different standard equipment levels to the domestic versions (our "base model" Sports are like fully loaded Saharas minus the painted fender flares). I would have thought the gheko design on the leather seats would be one of the main identifiers of the special edition though, regardless of the market.

Last edited by JKlad; 07-16-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

What dealership in Calgary did you buy it at?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

If you bought it new look at Window Sticker ... it will say Mojave package won't it ?? If not you don't have it ..
Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Newbie

No window stickers I'm going in Monday to raise shit if they don't budge im going right to jeep. I will request a vin build sheet from jeep.

Quick Reply: Need help identifying what jeep i have!