Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need help identifying what jeep i have!

Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

There is one here:

http://www.jeep.com/en/mojave/
Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill have to show this to them this is bull shit im very very upset.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red08JK
the big question again is what your VIN # is, if it starts with a 1 then it is a US made jeep and should be the same as the ones available here.
aren't all wranglers made in Toledo, OH...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noxian
Maybe Jeep cheapd out on the Mojave for Canada or they ran out of parts like the special seats, cause the seats the OP pictured look like my regular leather seats.
I don't think they would "cheap out" on a package for other countries. I've got a 70th Anniversary and they were made in the same plant in Toledo, OH, having all of the options that are listed for that model.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CiaMonkey
Ill have to show this to them this is bull shit im very very upset.
Yeah, you definitely didn't get a true "mojave edition" jeep wrangler. It looks like they built it up to be similar, but they shouldn't be using a mojave decal as they're deceiving customers. I'd talk with the manager and even Jeep Canada to see what they say.

Have a look at your window sticker, was there anything extra charged for the "mojave decal"? It's very possible that a fully loaded sport can get into the mid-30's canadian, especially with the leather and dark charcoal wheels/MT tires.

My mom has a 2011 sport unlimited (loaded except for leather and nav) and it was in the low to mid 30's. I've got a 2011 70th anniversary unlimited (fully loaded inc uconnect, nav, remote start, leather, matching hardtop, etc) and I negotiated in the mid-30's @ 3% over invoice. Again, this is Canadian pricing so it will seem high for some of the US readers in this thread.

Last edited by axelaR; 07-15-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CajunJeeper

I think you have yourself a rubicon.
Does it have lockers? If so its a rubicon and you got a great price.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by muddenjeep
Does it have lockers? If so its a rubicon and you got a great price.
You can get rear locking diff's on sports and saharas.

why would a dealership remove the rubicon stickers to sell the jeep as the cheaper mojave model? it doesn't make sense...but a dealership adding a mojave sticker to a non-mojave model to make some extra money is typical for a dealership

...but at the end of the day, the mojave is based on the sport model. so the question is how much did they charge you for the decal and charcoal moabs with MT tires?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like maybe it was built on a Friday?

From the Jeep website:

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel with Light Frost Beige Accent Stitching and Driftwood Steering Spokes (with audio controls). - You have this

Unique Coat Hooks and Grab Handles. - Not sure if you have this, its hard to tell

I worked at a Chevy dealer for years, and I saw a few vehicles come in with incorrect pieces. Had an S10 come in with LS trim on one side with chrome, and reglar trim on the other side, no chrome. We also had some 98 Corvette's come in with the special pace car yellow stitching on the steering wheel and shift knob, and they were regular Corvettes.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Red08JK;2406067]What is your VIN?

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

enter it in here you might get something.

is that list in the blue box beneath the intial description everything my vehicle came with?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
JK Newbie

You can also go to Jeep.com and request a "build sheet". It will tell you everything that is on the Jeep from the factory. that way you can prove the stealership added stuff after delivery.

Quick Reply: Need help identifying what jeep i have!