Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need help identifying what jeep i have!

Old 07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help identifying what jeep i have!

I know this sounds strange but here is the story. I recently bought a 2011 Jeep JK from a local dealership (i live in Calgary Alberta Canada). The brought it out and told me it was a wrangler Mojave. Ok, here is the thing the only thing that tells me that its a Mojave is that it has a Mojave sticker on the fender with the Longitude and latitude of the Mojave desert. After doing some research i have come to realize that the Mojave has these lizard decals all over it and says jeep on the side of the head rests. Mine had none of that! The only other thing it has is the 32" m/t's and grey rims! So i come here to get help on helping figure out what this Frankenstein actually is because it bares no "Sahara" or "sport" tags and on my pink slip says 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X. I can post a few pics and what not but anyone know how i can truly figure out what this is, i want to know if I paid to much so I can complain if its needed. your help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Ciamonkey
Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CiaMonkey
I know this sounds strange but here is the story. I recently bought a 2011 Jeep JK from a local dealership (i live in Calgary Alberta Canada). The brought it out and told me it was a wrangler Mojave. Ok, here is the thing the only thing that tells me that its a Mojave is that it has a Mojave sticker on the fender with the Longitude and latitude of the Mojave desert. After doing some research i have come to realize that the Mojave has these lizard decals all over it and says jeep on the side of the head rests. Mine had none of that! The only other thing it has is the 32" m/t's and grey rims! So i come here to get help on helping figure out what this Frankenstein actually is because it bares no "Sahara" or "sport" tags and on my pink slip says 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X. I can post a few pics and what not but anyone know how i can truly figure out what this is, i want to know if I paid to much so I can complain if its needed. your help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Ciamonkey
Sounds like the stealership threw some Mojave stickers on your X
Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pics would help, it's possible the dealer applied their own decals
Old 07-15-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you got hosed. I'd write down ALL the features of the Mojave edition, then mark what yours is missing. If the dealership refuses to either install those missing items, or give you a discount, I'd pursue legal means if necessary... false or misrepresentation of goods.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your VIN?

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

enter it in here you might get something.

From my experience, the best I can tell, the Mojave Jeeps are a cross between the Sahara and the rubicon, rubicon suspension, axels, tires with gunmetal Moab's for the wheels. should have color match fenders and not the black plastic ones. the interior should be leather, all of the ones I have seen have the rich brown leather seats and have the gecko embroidered into the seat., otherwise there should be a gecko on the hood, sides, and one on the top left (driverside) rear corner of the hard top (to the left of the whiper motor).

My guess from the sounds of it is you got had by the dealer, I would go back.

Also all of the ones I have seen at all of the dealers (4 of them around where I live) the Mojaves have come in black and sahara tan, running around $35k US sticker.

Last edited by RedOffRoad; 07-15-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Ok let's say you got a full load X how much msrp on them with 32"m/t's?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Location makes a difference in price but for a fully loaded X or Sport you should have prob not paid more than 30,000 USD TOPS a lot of people are getting fully loaded X models for 28k USD. Its hard to say how much exactly but depends a lot with all the features that you have. Did you get the head unit with the touch screen? power everything? hard top? pictures would help
Old 07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

2011 doesnt have an x model its sport or sport s. Fully loaded sport s.jku sticker was around 30k. So haggling would get u bout 28k on my area.

Last edited by myz28u; 07-15-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Dang!!! Can you post the window sticker so that we can see it?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

This should be on your seats on the inside.:

http://www.carstvcentral.com/content...jave-b9f63.jpg

Hood:

http://www.suvtracker.com/wp-content...ojave-hood.jpg

wheels:

http://www.autocarspecs.com/wp-conte...jave-Wheel.jpg

decal on hard top corner:

http://www.autorika.com/wp-content/u...op-670x502.jpg

Quick Reply: Need help identifying what jeep i have!