Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need Help With Code: U1417

Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Code: U1417

Hi guys,

I had this code come up: U1417 ‐ Implausible Left wheel Distance signal Received .

I've done some research and see that some of you have run into the same problem. One suggestion was to unplug the wheel sensor and plug it back in. Can someone tell me where I will locate the wheel sensor. (I opened myself up for the "wheel" answer) Does anyone have a pic of it? I believe that may be the problem because all my warning lights turned off for a short time yesterday but turned back on about 5 min later.

Last edited by BlackIce; 07-23-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackIce
Hi guys,

I had this code come up: U1417 ‐ Implausible Left wheel Distance signal Received .

I've done some research and see that some of you have run into the same problem. One suggestion was to unplug the wheel sensor and plug it back in. Can someone tell me where I will locate the wheel sensor. (I opened myself up for the "wheel" answer) Does anyone have a pic of it? I believe that may be the problem because all my warning lights turned off for a short time yesterday but turned back on about 5 min later.
It on the inside of the frame rail. Follow the wire up and it's clipped to the rail i believe just above the steering box. If the sensor needs to be replaced, it's a cheap and easy fix.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the electric harness coming off the suspension and running up the rail to the plug-in, as described before....

Quick Reply: Need Help With Code: U1417