Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need help with bedlining hardtop

Old 03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with bedlining hardtop

My hardtops paint is less than par and I have seen a few people on here that have bedlined the exterior of their hardtop. I tried searching but had no luck. What are the steps to bedlining the hardtop. If I'm sanding what grit sand paper? I'm just wondering what the steps are and how long it takes. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone try this?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just a thought hut has anyone had luck with finding paint that matches the finish on the hardtop. Maybe I could touch things up instead of doing the whole top.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try this
Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

I Hercu-lined the outside of my hardtop. I just used a 'stripping' sanding sponge and went over the entire hardtop just to get the gloss off. I used the roller method. The Herculiner is more coarse than other bedliners but I like it because it added a texture. It is indestructible on the trail. I went over the bedliner with the Herculiner black UV coating. It's holding up great.

Quick Reply: Need help with bedlining hardtop