Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need cleaning help

Old 08-26-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need cleaning help

How do you clean the roll bar covers, the rubber headrests, and the black portion on the inner section of the seats. So far I just took a wet rag and wiped it down but there is still mud water marks on the headrests, roll bar covers and on some of the inner surface of the soft top. It smelled like dry dirt so I just febreezed it but there is still that odor.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited by matt852; 08-26-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

I'm taking my wife on a date Friday and it's our only vehicle till tuesday I don't want it smelling like dirt for her.

Any special methods you guys use? To thoroughly clean the interior?

Last edited by matt852; 08-26-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you can unzip and remove the roll bar covers...? Then just throw them in the wash, or hand wash them... I wouldn't put them in the dryer, because they may shrink... A wet/soapy rag should be good enough for the headrests...

Not sure about the soft top.. Upholstery brush?

I've got a date with my wife on Friday too, 5th wedding anniversary, and I had to dry mine out in the sun today, because I was caught with my top down in the rain last night... damn weather guys!

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dogmehC
I think you can unzip and remove the roll bar covers...? Then just throw them in the wash, or hand wash them... I wouldn't put them in the dryer, because they may shrink... A wet/soapy rag should be good enough for the headrests...

Not sure about the soft top.. Upholstery brush?

I've got a date with my wife on Friday too, 5th wedding anniversary, and I had to dry mine out in the sun today, because I was caught with my top down in the rain last night... damn weather guys!

Good luck!
Congratulations! yeah I will try putting them in the wash then air drying. What setting should I put it to? I will do the wet soapy rag tomorrow what type of soap should do the job?

I have an X with the Bare Bones interior it has this exact material. It really hard getting the dirt out of the darker part of the seat. It's not the YES interior stuff just barebones 2009 X interior haha
Thanks

Last edited by matt852; 08-26-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd go with some laundry detergent, that should do the trick... I've also seen some upholstery cleaner in the auto section of Walmart that comes in a spray can with a brush attachment on top... you may give that a try...
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The roll bar covers will go thru the wash and the dryer just fine ( i have washed and dried mine several times, just set the drier to medium). Just use a color safe detergent so they dont fade. The head rest clean up great with simple green.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
The roll bar covers will go thru the wash and the dryer just fine ( i have washed and dried mine several times, just set the drier to medium). Just use a color safe detergent so they dont fade. The head rest clean up great with simple green.
Thanks for the details really what I was looking for! It worked
Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mud is a real pain to clean out of the bare bones seats.. Seat covers are a future mod of mine, because my seats have faded on the top in the rear, i may give a go at making seat covers eventually. who knows
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I completely removed roll bar cover, washed it in washer machine, and air dried it. No problems re installing it.

Quick Reply: Need cleaning help