Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

need advice

Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice

How goes, I'm new to the jeep world and wanting some advice on what to get first for my '11 sport. It's bare bones six speed, I'm picking up some coopers next week but not sure where to go after that. I definitely want it trail worthy but I'm not wanting to go more then 2.5" for a lift. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some may not like Rough Country but I started with a 2.5" lift from Rough Country and loved it, well that is until I wanted to go higher. But I never had any problems with it and it was simple to install, did it in my garage. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Sweet, would you think swaybar disconnects a necessary
Old 10-10-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by moog
Hey welcome, I see your from MA, there are quite a few stock friendly trails up that way, if your thinking you might wheel then quick discos are a wonderful thing. As for a 2.5" kit depending on what your looking for, teraflex and rock krawler have some good ones. I personally run a Clayton 4.5" premium kit. You should go feel out some of the trails, there is a stock friendly run this weekend in Huntington and tolland too. See ya on the trails, cheers
Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

For better flex yes, it will also help you to determine if you need to extend your bump stops (will keep you from ripping off your fenders). Really depends on what size tires you want.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

How goes, I'm new to the jeep world and wanting some advice on what to get first for my '11 sport. It's bare bones six speed, I'm picking up some coopers next week but not sure where to go after that. I definitely want it trail worthy but I'm not wanting to go more then 2.5" for a lift. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Hey there, central Mass here. Nice Jeep you got there. Have fun with it!

Quick Reply: need advice