Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Navtec Update CD for Jeep is a JOKE.......

Old 12-18-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a portable Garmin unit with "2010 maps". It does NOT have a short section of a local road that was completed and opened in the late fall of '09. But it DOES have a new section that was opened in late '08.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that this is being constructive or anything, but I sure am glad I bought the MyGIG REN (non-nav) so I can continue using my Garmin GPS and only pay $60 for annual updates. Sure, it's not built in, but IMO I have the best of both worlds.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amt97
Not that this is being constructive or anything, but I sure am glad I bought the MyGIG REN (non-nav) so I can continue using my Garmin GPS and only pay $60 for annual updates. Sure, it's not built in, but IMO I have the best of both worlds.
Even though I have a MyGIG with navigation I usually bring my handheld unit too. The off-road trails on my handheld are better (though the MyGIG maps are pretty good), I can save the trails I run on my home computer with my handheld - not with the MyGIG, and if I really get lost and one of the units goes up I want a backup! As a side note, the MyGIG is easier to look at when driving, so I always use it as the primary reference if it has the trail I want mapped.

Quick Reply: Navtec Update CD for Jeep is a JOKE.......