Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

MyGig issue. help!

Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig issue. help!

My mygig unit has been resetting itself every 30 seconds for the past 2 weeks. It's driving me insane. It reboots every 30 seconds and I'm ab to lose my mind. Does anyone know any kind of fix? Ive tried pulling the fuse and pulled the battery cables off for a bit. Neither helped. I'm out if warranty... Stealership wants 80$ to flash it, but if it doesn't fix anything I still have to pay, or replace it for waaay too much. Blows my mind that they won't diagnose an issue, just customer pays to flash and/or replace. Anyone have any ideas? I will be eternally grateful... Thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try updating the version, check out the forum.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason18790
Blows my mind that they won't diagnose an issue, just customer pays to flash and/or replace. Anyone have any ideas? I will be eternally grateful... Thanks!
One of the downfalls of the increasing amount of electronics on modern vehicles. The service guys turn wrenches. They are not electronic technicians.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea I was hoping the dealership would throw me a bone w the flash. If it works I pay, if it doesn't id pay for the time....

Hopefully someone with experience w these things can chime in... I'm not scared to pull the thing apart, I just need some direction
Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Update your software, it sounds like it has gotten corrupt. This site will walk you through it http://mofv.com
Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Windrocker
Update your software, it sounds like it has gotten corrupt. This site will walk you through it http://mofv.com
Thanks for the info... I popped my cd in to update the software, it started as it should but the damn radio still reboots, so it can't start n for sure can't complete. Any other ideas... Could it possibly be a short that I can test for? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks again
Old 01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, well the only other thing that I cant think of is to go ahead and remove it from the dash and make sure all of the connectors are completely seated. I would pop them all off and then re-seat them.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: MyGig issue. help!