Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

My jeep is out of comission

Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure you raise those breathers while you are at it

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/breather-tubes-extended-46802/
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had hose clamps on my vent hoses since i found water in my Diff.and have suggested it to everyone i know to do the same. What had happened is the hose poped off the vent and i didn't know it. Also i would agree that is probable when things started to go down hill.

I am however back up and running. With Rubi 44's under there.and i do keep an eye on my vent hoses every time i walk around my Jeep.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by odin725
i have had hose clamps on my vent hoses since i found water in my Diff.and have suggested it to everyone i know to do the same. What had happened is the hose poped off the vent and i didn't know it. Also i would agree that is probable when things started to go down hill.

I am however back up and running. With Rubi 44's under there.and i do keep an eye on my vent hoses every time i walk around my Jeep.
well if you go deep, you need to raise em, or even if you MAY go deep...water Can get in the top of the hoses, that white plastic cap is not a seal...I've gotten water in mine thats why I raised them...

its really good I had raised mine, this is me in about 40in of water
Old 03-09-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep you are right and i'm planning on raising mine here in the very near future.Did you ever get the t-case vent and tranny vent raised?

Quick Reply: My jeep is out of comission