Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

My 2007 JKU, May she rest in peace

Old 01-20-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2007 JKU, May she rest in peace

On December 8th I was enjoying my day. I was stopped behind a pickup truck at a red light and when it turned green I followed the
truck into the intersection when a bimbo blew threw her red light and hit me at 50 MPH. I was the 3rd vehicle into the intersection
when she hit me, and she never stepped on her brakes. She also hit another vehicle as well. Needless to say I was just livid but
I maintained my cool. The damage to my JK looked minimal, but today after 6 weeks the body shop called to say they were unable
to straighten the frame and replacing it would bring up my damages to over $12,000.00, so my insurance adjuster looked at her and
declared her total. I had just gotten her looking the way I wanted her so it was crushing news. The dealership found me a new 2012
identical in color and are going to strip my old one of all it's goodies put it on my new one without charge. Holy cow, what an ordeal.
I just tell myself my old Jeep an 07 JKU did her job, took the impact and protected me. My new one is pretty awesome looking and
when all my mods are in place will look like my old baby. What an ordeal. May my 07 JKU rest in peace.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Wow! At least you get a 2012.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

glad to hear your ok, i am sure youll be pleasantly happy with the new pentastar, shes a beast
Old 01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time you fill up, pump a little onto the ground for our fallen friends. May they live on through salvage parts on our rigs!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad yer OK, and that sucks that your jeep got wrecked. But at least you get a new one and it sounds like the dealership is taking care of you. But good luck and take some pics of the new one
Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow my insurance company called last night and are giving me $23,000.00 for my 07. Needless to say that did make me feel a lot
better. Monday the dealership is going to strip off the extras on the 07 and put them on my new 2012. I drove her yesterday and wow so much more power. At least now when I drive up freeway mountains bicyclist wont be passing me on the hills anymore. I'm pretty jazzed now that I will have a huge downpayment left after the old one is paid off. I should get my new baby sometime next week and can finally turn in the rental car. It's been a long ordeal but it's almost over. Goodbye 07, hello 2012.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by TYDFAN
Next time you fill up, pump a little onto the ground for our fallen friends. May they live on through salvage parts on our rigs!
Lol true that!

Quick Reply: My 2007 JKU, May she rest in peace