Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

My 08 Rubi squeaky Clutch, :(

Old 03-29-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 08 Rubi squeaky Clutch, :(

I thought I was not going to have this issue even though my car was built Jan 11, 08. Looks like the cut off is pre Jan 28th. Almost 5k miles on the clock and it started a few days ago and it's getting worse. I'm taking it in on Monday! Will keep you posted.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does make me mad too that my vehicle was made AFTER they knew of the problem and now some dealership has to take it apart and screw it up worse.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK..now I'm worried. My 08' has only 1600 miles on it right now. and I'm pretty hard on my clutch. How do you now what date your Jeep was built and what does that mean? Are you saying that they fixed the clutch problem on late model 08's?
Just wondering,
Tony
Old 03-30-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm not sweating it. I took delivery in September, and I've got 6000 miles now, mostly city driving, with lots of shifting, and no squeak yet. If it comes, then I'll have it fixed.

Most techs are able to fix this without problems. Besides, if your dealer sells very many of these, yours will not be the guinea pig. They've probably done this before and know what they are doing right now. If you are not sure, go to Angie's list or something and see if you can find some general feedback on other dealers in the area.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmwil
Most techs are able to fix this without problems.
This sums it all. I am one not lucky enough to have found a good tech and service department.
Good luck if you have a squeaky clutch.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

got the squeaky clutch and squeaky driver seat and leaky back window, going to the stealership tomorrow so we'll see.......
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
OK..now I'm worried. My 08' has only 1600 miles on it right now. and I'm pretty hard on my clutch. How do you now what date your Jeep was built and what does that mean? Are you saying that they fixed the clutch problem on late model 08's?
Just wondering,
Tony

There is a production date on the Drivers Door frame with the production date of the vehicle. The TSB is for any vehicles produced before Jan 28th, 2008.

Quick Reply: My 08 Rubi squeaky Clutch, :(