Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Multiple codes being thrown please help

Old 08-25-2021, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple codes being thrown please help

I had code for a p0430 so i replace the b2s2 sensor. now I am coming up with codes P0171, P0174, and once in a while it will pop P2098. I am not sure where to start. the only drivability issues that I have is it will backfire and loose power while driving once warm. Last night on our way home from town (15 miles) i had to pull over twice and shut it off. wait a few seconds, then she would start up and run fine for a few miles. Now, at the same time while it was sitting I pulled out my scanner and pulled those codes up under pending codes, cleared them, and off to the races we went. I'm wondering if I don't have a fuel pump going bad and its sucking the screen at higher rpm/load? But with no idle or low rpm issues I'm confused. I could use any and all help.

2012 Jeep JKU Sport 3.6L auto 102k miles
Old 08-26-2021, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

You are definitely describing a lean condition but with these electronic vehicles now it is a crap shoot. Could be pump, injector, pressure sensor all kinds of things but the codes are all to do with lean running.
The following users liked this post:
CrossThreadRed (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, im not sure where to start with it. It's probably going to go to a shop to get diagnosed and repaired
Old 08-26-2021, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Yes without a real time scanner on it while you are driving it is difficult to diagnose. My HP Tuners is a life saver as I run my laptop while driving and record what is going on for evaluation back at the desktop. I have stated before - if people don't want to get raped for repairs then learn about diagnosing and buy the right equipment as these vehicles get worse each year they age.

Quick Reply: Multiple codes being thrown please help