Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Multiple ABS Codes C2114 U0125 C2200

Old 11-05-2017, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple ABS Codes C2114 U0125 C2200

I need help figuring this problem out on a 2009 Wrangler JK, Stock.

Went to leave the house yesterday and as I started to accelerate multiple warning lights illuminated on the dash including ABS, Brake, ESP BAS, and traction control. Stopped, shut the jeep off, restarted and none of the lights came back on. Once I started to drive again the same lights came back on. It does this every time and the lights seem to come on when I hit approximately 10 mph.

I had the ABS codes scanned and received the following codes:

C2114 Dynamics Sensor Supply Voltage Low
Uo125 Lost Communication With Dynamics Sensor
C2200 Antilock Brake Module Internal

I have searched and found people who have had this problem separately but not both at the same time. I have Reset the computer, removed and re-seated the connector for the ABS module and the dynamics sensor with no change. Both connectors are clean and no pins appear damaged. I don't see any obvious issues with the wiring.

Has anybody had this issue before or does anybody have any pointers to continue to diagnose this issue.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Strange warning lights can also be caused in our jeeps by bad batteries or bad/loose connections on the battery terminals. This is well documented by many on here who have experienced this, including myself. If the system isn't consistently getting the voltage it expects, weird things can and do happen. It's not like the old days when the only symptom is something like headlights getting dim.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:17 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

I looked up the codes for you, see below. The Anitlock Brake Module (ABM) looks like a likely suspect. Note that for code C2114, the (G4) Dynamics Sensor Supply circuit is from the ABM.

C2200–ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE INTERNAL
When Monitored: Ignition on. The Anti-Lock Brake Module monitors its internal microprocessors for correct operation.

Set Condition: If the Anti-lock brake module detects an internal fault, the DTC is set.

Possible Causes
  • ABM - INTERNAL FAULT

U0125–LOST COMMUNICATION WITH DYNAMICS SENSOR
When Monitored: Ignition on.

Set Condition: If the Anti-Lock Brakes Module fails to receive bus messages from the Dynamics Sensor.

Possible Causes
  • WIRING HARNESS, TERMINAL, CONNECTOR DAMAGE
  • (D52) DYNAMICS SENSOR HIGH DATA LINK CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND, SHORTED TO VOLTAGE, OR OPEN (D51) DYNAMICS SENSOR LOW DATA LINK CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND, SHORTED TO VOLTAGE, OR OPEN DYNAMICS SENSOR
  • ANTI-LOCK BRAKES MODULE

C2114–DYNAMICS SENSOR SUPPLY VOLTAGE LOW
When Monitored: Ignition on.

Set Condition: If the Dynamics Sensor status changes from initialized to not initialized due to low voltage on the (G4) Dynamics Sensor Supply circuit.

Possible Causes
  • WIRING HARNESS, TERMINAL, CONNECTOR DAMAGE
  • (G4) DYNAMICS SENSOR SUPPLY CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
  • (G94) DYNAMICS SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
  • DYNAMICS SENSOR
  • ANTI-LOCK BRAKES MODULE

Quick Reply: Multiple ABS Codes C2114 U0125 C2200