Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mr Clean Rocks!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
How does it strip wax? Do you have a special soap or something you have to use? I would just use the filter gun thing which purifies the water and therefore reduces the water spots, right?
Yes, it has it's own soap but wasn't aware it stripped off wax. I didn't do anything special after using it on my TJ. I do like how the filtered water reduces water spots on the glass too. I'm still using one. But word of warning, when using a sponge the dirt that comes off the jeep seems to stay on the sponge forever.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DannyNY
Hi, just curious and not trying to sound like I'm trashing here but isn't a car wash NOT good for the soft top? I just got my Jeep and reading the manual says car washes are not recommended for the SunRider. Is that just Jeep not wanting to take responsibility if the top disintegrates ?? lol
this is a enter the quarters and spray it yourself wash not a drive though wash..
and it is true that the book says don't use a drive through wash cause of the softtop but i have and it is okay but probably not the best.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

I know I like to see my Jeep with a nice spot free shine, but there's one problem...

IT'S A FREAKING JEEP!!!

DETAILING A JEEP? ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?

...I want my Jeep to look like a modern-art masterpiece!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

If you notice once you wash your jeep and then rinse it off... the water no longer beads up it just sheets off. sheeting water = no wax. it uses harsh detergents to try and clean the paint more effectively to give you a more spot free rinse. using just the purified water and your normal car wash will work fine though

Quick Reply: Mr Clean Rocks!