Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Motor mount/Tranny mount problem after collision

Old 03-22-2021 | 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Mine weren't centered when I was "done". The mount was slid clear to the back and I had to move it clear to the front. I don't think over-torquing is going to be the issue, the rubber needs that torque to do the job.

Regarding your transfer case crossmember- I've taken to jacking it clear up and then tightening it down once it's there, I don't think it's possible to mess it up.
gotcha, "centered' probably wasn't the best explanation, but centered within that "cage" so that when static, there's no contact in the area that causes the issue. When the dealer installed, it was definitely making the contact that it shouldn't be - now I've adjusted it to being free & clear
The following users liked this post:
karls10jk (03-22-2021)
Old Yesterday | 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default This worked like a charm for me.

Genius. I didn’t have a ratchet strap handy so I drove in reverse at about 10 mph and braked hard (my trans had slipped forward) and that slid it back into place. Tightened the bolts and no more vibrations. Drives like new again.

QUOTE=karls10jk;4231846]Loosen those three transmission mount bolts and move the transmission back to where it was and your vibration will go away. It'll cost a few minutes of your time.

I had a similar problem with mine after an accident and I got the same story. They brought in "experts" and couldn't find any problems after two weeks. It took me ten minutes to notice the shifted mount bolts.

So you can loosen those three bolts then use a ratchet strap to pull the transmission back to where it needs to be. I don't recall where I pulled on the transmission but it works. I did a similar pull to reset the mount after pulling and reinstalling the transmission.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Motor mount/Tranny mount problem after collision