Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

More dealership stupidity

Old 05-13-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to laugh at the "You took it off-road and voided your warranty"
When I bought my 08 the sales brochure had ONE picture of the JKs on PAVEMENT.
When I was in dealership recently for warranty fuel tank replacement I looked at '12s and took a sales brochure. Again ONE picture of the JKs on PAVEMENT.
How can they say it is not designed for that
I consider my self lucky to have a dealership willing to work with modded JKs 20 minutes away.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4WheelingAstronomer
I feel your pain brother. Several weeks ago i posted my experience. I told the dealership that i couldnt shift into 4low. They told me they dont recommend using 4 low and why did I use 4low. "Um.....its...a...JEEP!!!!!".

Asswipes.....
Yup, I remember your thread which reminded me of how frustrating this is. I am sure there are good solid dealers out there, and maybe I'm just a little unlucky. I swear it should be a requirement that if you sell Jeeps, at least one guy in the dealership has to wheel, so they can have an understanding. What really blows me away is that the original dealership is most likely THE closest dealer to the Ruby, Fordyce/Signal Peak, Hell Hole, so on and so forth. You would think they would be really dialed in. That doesn't appear to be the case.

Ironically, I go wheeling a lot, but I stay within my skill level and the limitations of my mod's. My JK wasn't that dirty. I could have easily picked up that dirt from the road because of all the rain we had in April. Like I said, they look for ways to get out of their end. I would love to find a dealer that appreciates the modified JK. She is really starting to look cool, nothing like my avatar anymore. it would be cool to have a dealer come out and be proud of the evolution of their stock vehicles. It's sort of a tribute if you think about it. Guys/gals spending the time and energy tricking them. If I worked there, I'd play up on it just to keep them coming back. I hate to eat my words, especially after all this, but this probably ain't my last JK.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in AUS not states but when I took my JK for 1000km service my engine was covered in mud up to the bonnet and no one said a word about it.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked as a salesman shortly. The jeep forums knows way before any salesperson that the pentastar was coming. I was talking with a few other sales people and I brought it up. A few of em looked confused and one guy said that will never happen lol. They aren't passionate about jeeps, cars and trucks like we are.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yanluk
I'm in AUS not states but when I took my JK for 1000km service my engine was covered in mud up to the bonnet and no one said a word about it.
Unfortunately, we have bred the "me" generation here in the States. What can I do for me? It's no longer about the consumer, it's about profits and corporate greed.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealerships

Silly Dealers and their Service Managers. When will they learn that we know a great deal about our jeeps and they should not try to lie and cheat us?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Was just over at the delership where I do buisness Friday to get the wifes EVSII alarm system repaired, as it went off and she couldn't reset it. While there saw an 09 JKU Rubi setting on the lift with all the wheels off. Asked one of the service techs what the story was. He calmly said come take a look. The hood was off the engine bay and the engine was ripped all apart. He showed me one of the pistions. The bottom ring was siezed. He said thay are determining whether to repair the engine with new parts or just put in a new shortblock. Noticed he Rubi was wearing 37's and had one heck of a lift. He said thst's why they had to remove the wheels, to get it low enough to work on the engine. Said this owner really wheels his Jeep, look at the underside, and he lifed the rig up. The underside was all scraped up and some parts were bent. It was a stick and the owner had 5:13's installed. I asked if the owner was given any grief because it was modified so extreme. The machanic who was working on it looked at me wierd, and said the owner complained he was loosing oil, and we found a few rings siezed. The engine is stock, why would we question a warranty issue. He said the only thing he's pissed about is all the mud, dirt, and grease everywhere makes it hard to work on. Opened the front passenger door and inside there was signs of mud everywhere. Another mechanic came over and started laughing, he said now there's a guy who uses his Jeep the way it was ment to be used. Better you than me working on it.
I've delt with this dealership for 17 years, ever since I bought my 94XJ from them. It's been lifted 6" and runs 33's with lockers front and rear. Only thing ever repaied on the XJ was the rear main seal in bck in 97 2 years after the lift, covered by warranty.
Took about an hour to get the wifes EVSII system working. They replaced the alarm control module, the alarm DNA module and a new horn, cause it never re-set the whole time my wife was at work and burned the horn up. All covered by warranty.
Can you PM me the name of this friendly dealer?

Quick Reply: More dealership stupidity