Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

More dealership stupidity

Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain brother. Several weeks ago i posted my experience. I told the dealership that i couldnt shift into 4low. They told me they dont recommend using 4 low and why did I use 4low. "Um.....its...a...JEEP!!!!!".

Asswipes.....
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kik
Time for another dealer. How a "service manager" doesn't know the term JK for a Wrangler is beyond belief actually.
Ya my service manager didnt know it either.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4WheelingAstronomer
I feel your pain brother. Several weeks ago i posted my experience. I told the dealership that i couldnt shift into 4low. They told me they dont recommend using 4 low and why did I use 4low. "Um.....its...a...JEEP!!!!!".

Asswipes.....

there is only one option in a situation like that ......... BITCHSLAP!!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Find a different dealership. I found one that is very polite and fixes my JK no matter what. A different dealer flagged my warranty this one worked with me to fix it. They don't give me problems because I didn't buy my Jeep from them (my purchasing dealer is no longer a Chrysler affiliate). I have had my Jeep sit at other dealers for a full 2 days before they even touched it and that was for an insurance claim repair.

Best advice is buy a car for the service department. Make friends with them before you even purchase the car and your life will be much easier.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Originally Posted by DesolationMania
, Ive got a 1999 Taco with 244,000 miles....bastard runs better than my JK, and has given me no hassles whatsoever.
AMEN TO THAT. No automaker has a perfect record, but everything any anything is wrong with these JK's I love mine, but having some issues I got , makes me wish i never got rid of my Taco. I got a Nissan with over 280,000 miles ,and still going. I do all of my own maintenance and all repairs "everything".

The Major problem I see with these JK's is too many electronics ,, especially the new CAN-BUSS OBD-2 computer syste,. If the computer expierences one small situation, it goes into a shit fit, and never shakes it off. As much as i love the Jeep , and its capability, really thinking twice before keeping it after the warranty. Kinda has me thinking twice. Not a easy choice, but an important one to make

SKULL-FACE
Old 05-12-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have been searching and learning about 2012 JK-U's for some time now. Today I went to the local dealership to drive a couple and see about locating one I like for purchase. Well the sales and the service guy all told me a lift (only a 3.5 bolt on kit with 35" tires) would probably void my factory warranty. I appreciate them not filling me full of crap just so I'd buy, but they seem to be very quick to tell me NO. A larger dealership down the road said I'd be fine with a bolt on lift, warranty and all. Now I just have to find the truth, in writing! Any other experience with this? Keeping my built TJ-U is looking like a better and better idea each day.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JpAdct
I have been searching and learning about 2012 JK-U's for some time now. Today I went to the local dealership to drive a couple and see about locating one I like for purchase. Well the sales and the service guy all told me a lift (only a 3.5 bolt on kit with 35" tires) would probably void my factory warranty. I appreciate them not filling me full of crap just so I'd buy, but they seem to be very quick to tell me NO. A larger dealership down the road said I'd be fine with a bolt on lift, warranty and all. Now I just have to find the truth, in writing! Any other experience with this?
It varies by each dealership. I've been to a couple dealers around here, the one I purchased from is OK with a 3.5" lift... another was only OK with a 2.5" lift.

I was going to have the dealership install the lift just so I don't have to deal with it... but after the cost they gave me ($1700 labor for a bolt on lift) I think I'll pass.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Originally Posted by cowboyjeeper
It varies by each dealership. I've been to a couple dealers around here, the one I purchased from is OK with a 3.5" lift... another was only OK with a 2.5" lift.

I was going to have the dealership install the lift just so I don't have to deal with it... but after the cost they gave me ($1700 labor for a bolt on lift) I think I'll pass.
There is no guratee with the dealer installed lift, including the mopar. It states it in small writting on their website. It really all depends how much the dealer will fight for you. And still they have to deal with their regional mananger / claims dept.

Basically it is all about how bad you want a lift and deal with the B.S. later if something goes wrong. As i mentioned earlier, these new JK's are sweet, but their computer systems are truly garbage.

SKULL_FACE
Old 05-13-2012, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

The service manager at my previous dealer (who took 2 months to replace my short block) didn't know what JK meant AND couldn't figure out how to operate the hood latch!!!! I literally laughed at him and asked if he really was a service mgr at a Jeep dealership.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was just over at the delership where I do buisness Friday to get the wifes EVSII alarm system repaired, as it went off and she couldn't reset it. While there saw an 09 JKU Rubi setting on the lift with all the wheels off. Asked one of the service techs what the story was. He calmly said come take a look. The hood was off the engine bay and the engine was ripped all apart. He showed me one of the pistions. The bottom ring was siezed. He said thay are determining whether to repair the engine with new parts or just put in a new shortblock. Noticed he Rubi was wearing 37's and had one heck of a lift. He said thst's why they had to remove the wheels, to get it low enough to work on the engine. Said this owner really wheels his Jeep, look at the underside, and he lifed the rig up. The underside was all scraped up and some parts were bent. It was a stick and the owner had 5:13's installed. I asked if the owner was given any grief because it was modified so extreme. The machanic who was working on it looked at me wierd, and said the owner complained he was loosing oil, and we found a few rings siezed. The engine is stock, why would we question a warranty issue. He said the only thing he's pissed about is all the mud, dirt, and grease everywhere makes it hard to work on. Opened the front passenger door and inside there was signs of mud everywhere. Another mechanic came over and started laughing, he said now there's a guy who uses his Jeep the way it was ment to be used. Better you than me working on it.
I've delt with this dealership for 17 years, ever since I bought my 94XJ from them. It's been lifted 6" and runs 33's with lockers front and rear. Only thing ever repaied on the XJ was the rear main seal in bck in 97 2 years after the lift, covered by warranty.
Took about an hour to get the wifes EVSII system working. They replaced the alarm control module, the alarm DNA module and a new horn, cause it never re-set the whole time my wife was at work and burned the horn up. All covered by warranty.

Quick Reply: More dealership stupidity