Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

MOPAR Rebadged Parts List

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the clarification!! So I am left wondering what the dealer installed on the 4dr they got......hmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 09, here the guy at the speedshop said he's never even heard of a Mopar lift and was told by Jeep to use what was available to him. So in saying that he prefers Skyjacker for suspension lifts and Daystar for the body lifts. The mark up is anywhere from 10-50% of the cost of the lift plus installation. To lift mine 2.5" he originally quoted me 2500, but after realizing I knew what I was getting he said he'd add in the wheels and tires for that. I walked away...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

I was at the Stealership getting my new hood latches put on when I saw the 4dr they had out there. The had put a "Mopar" 2inch lift on it and a set of MT classic II wheels and 33in ProComp tires and of course the mandatory second sticker marking the price up 6k. When the salesman came out and started telling me the Mopar lift cost 2500 and it was the best on the market and such I kept him entertained......until this (see pic) came out of the service bay and I drove away. I stayed just long enough to tell him to find a new job, all the upgrades on my JK are less than what he was asking for the lift on the 4dr.....and I made sure the other 2 customers looking at it heard. The service manager (a friend of mine) called me later that day and said he was cussing up a storm cause I had cost him a sale. Just goes to show you try to f*ck your customers and one (me) is likley to f*ck you back!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I was at the Stealership getting my new hood latches put on when I saw the 4dr they had out there. The had put a "Mopar" 2inch lift on it and a set of MT classic II wheels and 33in ProComp tires and of course the mandatory second sticker marking the price up 6k. When the salesman came out and started telling me the Mopar lift cost 2500 and it was the best on the market and such I kept him entertained......until this (see pic) came out of the service bay and I drove away. I stayed just long enough to tell him to find a new job, all the upgrades on my JK are less than what he was asking for the lift on the 4dr.....and I made sure the other 2 customers looking at it heard. The service manager (a friend of mine) called me later that day and said he was cussing up a storm cause I had cost him a sale. Just goes to show you try to f*ck your customers and one (me) is likley to f*ck you back!!!

Whoa! Simmer down there, Hero.

Got the point, you showed them
Old 06-25-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep in mind (at least up until bankruptcy) practically any body shop could get get 30-35% off list on 'Mopar' parts so if you know someone who works in or owns a body shop who would pass a discount along to you that could very well be the better route.

Plus, they don't pay sales tax (another 4-8% savings) and most likely would 'forget' to collect it from you.........
Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

^^ correct ^^

a mopar front bumper was 480 on the mopar site but listed for 530 on quadratec. As a matter of fact, that same bumper was considerably less than all the other big aftermarket suppliers.
Hence, when I pull the trigger on a new fron bumper, it'll probably be mopar direct
Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerglen
Incorrect. The Mopar 2" lift kit is manufactured by LKI Enterprises (aka Superlift). It is also a coils and shocks kit; not a budget boost.

-Glen
If you've got parts numbers I'd be glad to have them so I can add them to the m first post.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
If you've got parts numbers I'd be glad to have them so I can add them to the m first post.
I don't know for sure, but I suspect it is a rebadged Superlift K920B, 4" Standard Lift System, 2-door kit with Superide Select shocks. The lift's list is $1,110.43. Also add in the 5725 front track bar for $172.39 and the 92075 steering stabilizer for $74.45. Total is $1357.27.

Mopar "sucker list price" is $1599. Normal Mopar MSRP is $1510. I stated the Mopar part # in a previous post, but can't remember it now. Edit: part # is P5155208.

Unfortunately, I didn't find out any of this until about a week after I had my lift installed and my front drive shaft boot failed.

I can't wait to rip this thing off my Jeep, throw it in the trash, and install a full flex arm kit and after market drive shafts. Very expensive mistake on my part. It'll let me tuck 35s under my Jeep and get me through this summer so not a total waste though.

Last edited by bikerglen; 06-25-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't find part number #5155208 in thier MOPAR catalogue currently. Are you sure it's P5155208 not P5155207
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

P5155207 is the four-door version of the kit. P5155208 is the two-door version of the kit. Search for each of these two part numbers on Quadratec. They're both there.

Just looked at the boxes for the kit. P5155208.

Quick Reply: MOPAR Rebadged Parts List