Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mopar parts backordered?

Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry dudes, but as i have mentioned before i work at the national parts depot in toronto and we have f*ck all coming in right now.

as the one guy said, suppliers are not being paid so we are not getting any parts. christ, half of the time we don't have soap or paper towels in the washrooms. when we run out of shit house paper i'm going on strike

right now we are picking skid lots of shit and sending them down to your depots in the states that are running out of stock. funny thing is, that shit will come back up to us on what are called referrals when we need it and don't have it in stock.

i do expect things to start to turn around when chrysler emerges from this bankruptcy shit fairly soon....hopefully!!

on a side note, i saw an add on the bulletin board last night at work on some pretty good deals on vehicles. wrangler unlimited X for 18,999.00 cash purchase price.... canadian dollars my friends!!

Last edited by Hbomb; 06-10-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hbomb
canadian dollars my friends!!
Yeah, but your dollars are worth more than ours are now (or will be soon)!

Serious contribution to this thread: new front driveshaft, took four days instead of the usual one day.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run a collision repair facility and all of my Chrysler orders are taking alot longer than normal Twice as long.
My Gm stuff is going that same direction. biggest problem is dealers shutting down!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how long it will take to turn around, I also wonder if its going to get worse with Chrysler before it starts to get better.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:01 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Anyone have any idea when the parts will start flowing again? I though the whole point of the bankruptcy was sale to Fiat was to keep things moving slowly.

People said if Chrysler went away totally that parts would still be around for a long time. Chrysler has not even gone away and now you can't get parts? Give me a break. This is ridiculous.
Not much going to happen while the restructuring actually takes place, notice the factories are all shut while it's going on. As mentioned, suppliers are going to grind to halt as well. THey are about to re-emerge so hopefully it will turn soon. Maybe take one of these guys up on there offer for a track bar, or go aftermarket.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am still waiting on the Hand Brake Assembly for my Jeep. I pulled up on it and it broke, took it to the dealer and they said yep its broke lets buy you a new one under warranty. Been waiting for 5 weeks now. Still waiting....

Quick Reply: Mopar parts backordered?