Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Missing Wiring Harness - DC Makes Changes

Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Wiring Harness - DC Makes Changes

This is in regards to folks who are missing the Underhood Lamp Assembly... you are missing more than that! There was another topic started awhile back about folks who were missing both their hood blanket and the underhood light. I have the blanket but not the light, so I called my dealership and they said that it was an easy fix and to bring it in when I could. They said that DC sent them a box of extra underhood lights because of this. I brought it in to the dealership for what I thought was a 15 minute fix. After about 30 minutes of waiting, they call me back to the office and explain to me that my Jeep does not have the wiring harness required to install the underhood lamp. They said that this is the first they heard of it and that they will get to the bottom of it. They mentioned to me that it was a $1500.00 wiring harness. I explained to them that it is stated on the website as standard equipment, and that when I was looking at other jeeps on their lot, that they had these lights. They found a Service Notification that the underhood lamp had been eliminated for vehicles built after 10/28/06. My dealership is being pretty cool about it so far. They said they had no idea and that they are pretty pissed about it too. There are some calls they have to make to find out more info... so I will update you all when I can...

But wait, there's more. I wanted to make sure that I was not seeing things on the website so I checked today. Sure enough it shows up as standard equipment on a Sahara: Underhood Lamp (S). As I was going through the list I noticed something else that kinda pissed me off: Footwell Courtesy Lamp (S). I do not have these either. What pisses me off even more is that when I asked my sales manager about footwell lights (because they were mentioned on that other topic) he said that they never had them. Now granted, these things are not what sold me on the Jeep... but it's the point of the matter. They advertised things as one way... and deliver something else. They cancelled that way back on 10/28/06 and they are still advertising these things as standard items. They did not include a 1500 dollar wiring harness. Now I understand the need for changes sometimes... but at least be upfront and disclose this to the customer. Anyway, I thought I would update you guys because I know many of you are in the same boat I am. Check your stuff out and get back with your dealer.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 01-21-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

The did come with the dirver's side foot well courtesy lights. Mine has one.

Here is a picture someone posted of one:

Old 01-20-2007, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The window sticker fr om my Sahara lists in the EXTERIOR FEATURES... UNDERHOOD LAMP... BTW I have the black padding under the hood...and one (1) footwell light, drivers side only.

I would assume that if it is not listed on the sticker, in that section you were not supposed to get it...

My jeep was ordered by the sales manager and was on the lot already when I picked it up.

Checked the sticker on the door, not the jamb, and my Sahara was built in 10/06.

Marc

2dr Black Sahara

Last edited by mwilkie; 01-20-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked my Sahara up in September-- nothing about the lamps on the sticker, but I still had them under the hood and in the footwell.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default My X has both...

My X with the S package has both lights (under hood and driver footwell) and the under hood insulation. I picked mine up in September though, so it was built long before the changes...
Old 01-21-2007, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

Two more things to look for before I leave the dealers. Thanks for the heads up
Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jdrogers
The did come with the dirver's side foot well courtesy lights. Mine has one.

Here is a picture someone posted of one:
Thanks for the picture... this is more evidence I can produce for my case.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 01-21-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

I asked about the footwell lamp and the underhood lamp. They got me the footwell because according to my dealer they ALL have that. The underhood lamp was discontinued and is just an option according to my dealer.

Bryan
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

under hood matting is required by law when the vehicle is manufactured.
It is there in case of fire. the plastic tabs that hold it to the hood are designed to melt and then the insulation drops down and smoothers the fire. This is far more important than some courtesy lamps
I would be screaming and shouting at the dealer to get this fixed.
end of my point.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
under hood matting is required by law when the vehicle is manufactured.
It is there in case of fire. the plastic tabs that hold it to the hood are designed to melt and then the insulation drops down and smoothers the fire. This is far more important than some courtesy lamps
I would be screaming and shouting at the dealer to get this fixed.
end of my point.
As stated in my post, I have the underhood mat. But you are right in demanding that safety feature.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 01-21-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Missing Wiring Harness - DC Makes Changes