Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

MISSING FELLOW JEEP JK'r PLEASE READ!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this news story:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/1...d1vCNcE.mailto

His wife is extremely concerned. He may be ok just fuming from her "nagging him" but he may be in need of help.

He was last seen driving his modified Jeep with Smittybilt XRC front and rear fenders, stickers placed on the windshield and an Autobahn pass on the back windshield.

The black Jeep has South Carolina Purple Heart plates with the number PH5752.

If you have any information, please contact Calhoun County Police Department at (803)874-2741 or your local authorities.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3817472324.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	377994   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2844195898.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	377995  

Last edited by Chadc880; 10-14-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

They just found him safe in the woods in MN.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did they say what he was doing there, or why he chose to be missing?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

From the FB page his wife made

He suffers from Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from injuries sustained in Iraq in 2005.

She said he just kept getting worse. He was outside working on his JK putting new fenders on and she kept asking him to do something else around the house so he left.

Apparently he is from MN so they expected him to go it that direction.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope he is going to the VA (or somewhere) for treatment. After Vietnam I thought I could tough it and finally started PTSD treatment 3 years ago. He needs to find a vet center he feels comfortable with. Sometimes it takes time but...There is help out there. Good Luck.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad they found him safe and sound. You guys (vets) are real heros. Try to take care guys/gals.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 AM
JK Freak

So she was nagging him to do other stuff while he was trying to work on the jeep. And he wanted to go away for a while. I can relate.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nmoldie
I hope he is going to the VA (or somewhere) for treatment. After Vietnam I thought I could tough it and finally started PTSD treatment 3 years ago. He needs to find a vet center he feels comfortable with. Sometimes it takes time but...There is help out there. Good Luck.
x2 on the vet center, I'm an Iraqi vet and tried to tuff it it out too, did not go well. Started at the vet center 3 months ago and i already notice the change. Also, I hope he is getting counseling related to his TBI, that's helping me as well.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Currently toughing out as we say. I can relate to this guy tho, sometimes it gets to much and we have to just take the jeep and guns and just "disappear". I know that he didn't do it to piss her off or go hurt himself. Sometimes it's just gng out alone and finding that sliver of clarity. Sorry for the family and anyone that knows him but he probably did it for his and his family's safety. Like I said there's a lot of us on here that know what it feels like coming "home". Glad they found him and hope he does actually get the right help. o one last thing, for anyone that says its stupid to take your guns ( ie possible suicide whatever) it's not that for me or a lot of guys, a gun was our way of life, like a comfort item. Without it we feel lost or in a way scared, it saved us, saved our friends and gave us the ability to fight as necessary. Ive realized im more paranoid without one than when i have one close by. I'll jump off the soap box now.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nevesjk06
Currently toughing out as we say. I can relate to this guy tho, sometimes it gets to much and we have to just take the jeep and guns and just "disappear". I know that he didn't do it to piss her off or go hurt himself. Sometimes it's just gng out alone and finding that sliver of clarity. Sorry for the family and anyone that knows him but he probably did it for his and his family's safety. Like I said there's a lot of us on here that know what it feels like coming "home". Glad they found him and hope he does actually get the right help. o one last thing, for anyone that says its stupid to take your guns ( ie possible suicide whatever) it's not that for me or a lot of guys, a gun was our way of life, like a comfort item. Without it we feel lost or in a way scared, it saved us, saved our friends and gave us the ability to fight as necessary. Ive realized im more paranoid without one than when i have one close by. I'll jump off the soap box now.
Very true, I never feel right without my gun/guns.

Quick Reply: MISSING FELLOW JEEP JK'r PLEASE READ!!!