Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Minor annoyance with soft top

Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor annoyance with soft top

I'm not a big fan of the way the back window works with the soft top. With the hard top you can lift the back window and open the entire back of the Jeep - not so much with the soft top without unzipping the window and removing the lower bar. I don't suppose there are any quick and dirty solutions for this minor annoyance?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unzip both sides of the back window. Take the bar off of the clips and flip the window and bar up on top of the Jeep (With the bar still attached). I have done this before, it works well.

Hope this is clear........
Old 12-20-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

or---unzip the 2 sides of the rear window...roll up the rear window with the bar in it and put it through the elastic loops that have been living in your glove box.

Joe
Old 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately my left zipper is stuck/damaged... guess that's step one
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I wouldn't recommend rolling it up it extreme cold temperatures though.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to unzip the 2 sides and hold it up with the elastics for first time last weekend, zipper came apart and it was a mess to get the window off to get it restarted. I don't like the back window either but I just unzip it and take it right off any time I need to get in and out
Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Getting that rear bar attached is the worst thing so far for me, being new and all.... I'm sure its gets easier.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Might be a minor inconvenience...but, I look at it as part of the deal of having a soft top on my Jeep. Not sure what kind of modifactions or design changes could take it's place, I mean...design wise you're limited to simplicity and funcionality at the cost of convenience and comfort...embrace your Jeep flaws and all (...just like a woman)
Old 12-20-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dxfiles
or---unzip the 2 sides of the rear window...roll up the rear window with the bar in it and put it through the elastic loops that have been living in your glove box.

Joe
First you need to sit inside the back compartment facing out the back. Look at the top of the back of the inside of the soft top. There ate two metal buttons on each side.
On the elastics there is a metal button. This button atttaches to the upper inside of the soft top back. Roll the window up and slide it into the elastics on each side with the bar.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elegabalus
Unfortunately my left zipper is stuck/damaged... guess that's step one
Mine too. I'm still trying to fix that one. Talk about a PITA. Gonna wait for spring I guess.

Quick Reply: Minor annoyance with soft top