Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

MICE BITE Got Lucky

Old 08-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 408 Likes on 383 Posts
Default MICE BITE Got Lucky

The Mice and Wiring.. 2016 JKU .. I am 2nd owner, working on install of Subwoofer and discovered Mice Nest remains under the Power Control Fuse Box.. Luckily only 3 wires were chewed slightly, wires intact, insulation open no Shorts.. would be a major repair if shorted... Only found after battery removed. Guess the insulation is Soy Bean based (environmental driven) which the Mice LIKE!. Taped with plastic electrical tape and probably will put some moth balls in the cavity. Just a Heads UP JEEPERS .. OlllllllO
Old 08-26-2018, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I too just had an issue with my John Deere garden tractor. Wasn't running well. Took the engine cover off which revealed a rodent nest near the spark plug wire. About 4 inches of wire was bare with all the insulation chewed up. I repaired with 3m electrical tape and all is well.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Honda makes a product called Rodent Tape, infused with capsaicin or something. Might be worth trying if they strike again.

Quick Reply: MICE BITE Got Lucky