Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Measurement Needed...

Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Measurement Needed...

Could someone with a STOCK 2-door take a measurement from the center of your wheel up to the lip of the fender front and rear? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much lift I have and the "local" dealership is not anywhere I can easily get to.

Thanks!!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump....thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of lift did the dealer put on???
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
What kind of lift did the dealer put on???
They didn't....I've had a few different ones over the past year and a half, but this most recent one (RC 2.5" Coils/shocks) didn't seem to provide as much lift as I expected...so I added some 3/4" spacers front and rear to help that out, and from what I've been able to figure so far, I've got about 3" in the front and 1.5" in the rear...and keep in mind, that's with extra spacers.

But what I meant about the dealer is that it's just too far away for me to run down and measure a JK on the lot...just trying to figure out exactly where I'm at, ya know?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 PM
JK Newbie

I see said the blind man to his deaf friend. Your the second post a read today about RC coils not giving the lift they advertise. I will be the first to admit I am not a RC fan, but I wonder if they got a bad batch of springs or something?????
Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I see said the blind man to his deaf friend. Your the second post a read today about RC coils not giving the lift they advertise. I will be the first to admit I am not a RC fan, but I wonder if they got a bad batch of springs or something?????
Honestly, and I know they are a sponser here....but I've heard WAY too may complaints like this about RC. My opinion is it's the "progressive rate" coils...there's a good 1-2" of compression that gets wasted because the first 2 or 3 coils are just smashed together even when just sitting on level ground....THAT'S the 1-2" of lift I'm missing if you ask me!! I had to add back in my 1.75" spacers in the rear earlier tonight to get the rear end back up...it was sagging.

So, to sum it up, in order to achieve around 2.25" of lift in the rear, I have installed new coils that supposedly provide 2" of lift AND some 1.75" spacers....now that just doesn't seem right does it?

I have done alot of business with them thus far, but now I'm not so sure I will be a returning customer.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM
JK Newbie

I am sorry to hear that, as much as I make known I dont like RC, until recently I had never heard of one of there products failing or not delivering as advertised. I always though they were just over priced, now I have to question there quality too.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Actually, their pricing is great...2.5" coils and shocks for $275 shipped ain't bad IMO. But, the quality just seems a little hit and miss is the only thing...lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Measurement Needed...