Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit high?

Old 06-12-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit high?

Hey guys, my engine light turned on last night and the code is P0108 which means Manifold Absolute Pressure Senor Circuit High. What does this mean? Is is something I need to rush the jeep to the shop over?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed a Unichip a few weeks ago, could this be the cause? I've unplugged the battery for 20 min and reset it, it stayed off the rest of the night, but came back on this morning.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ngbsn1
Hey guys, my engine light turned on last night and the code is P0108 which means Manifold Absolute Pressure Senor Circuit High. What does this mean? Is is something I need to rush the jeep to the shop over?
All bets are pretty much off with the Unichip but this could also be the throttle body table being changed and the blade being open greater than what the MAP sensors believes it should be.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
All bets are pretty much off with the Unichip but this could also be the throttle body table being changed and the blade being open greater than what the MAP sensors believes it should be.
hmmm....well it has a throttle body spacer on it, but it's been on since it was brand new. It has 4500 miles now. So you think I need to take to the dealer then?
Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ngbsn1
hmmm....well it has a throttle body spacer on it, but it's been on since it was brand new. It has 4500 miles now. So you think I need to take to the dealer then?
Put everything back to stock if you take it to the dealer.

And don't bother to reinstall the throttle body spacer after.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't install the spacer, the dealer did before i bought it lol
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Get that Unichip off there first. See if the problem goes away and if not take it to the dealer without the Unichip installed.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:00 AM
JK Junkie

Not sure why this was moved to the Stock JK Tech as it is seemingly related to an aftermarket Unichip upgrade.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
Not sure why this was moved to the Stock JK Tech as it is seemingly related to an aftermarket Unichip upgrade.
I uplugged the battery again yesterday and reset it. I ran it on the low performance setting on the Unichip toggle switch and the engine light hasn't come on yet. So I guess it's good lol. High performance mode just sets it off apparently. Weird that it took a couple of weeks to do it though.

Quick Reply: Manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit high?