Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Low Heat on Driver's Sude

Old 09-22-2023, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Heat on Driver's Sude

Okay, I went through no heat on the driver's side. Replaced thermostat, upper and lower hoses, flushed everything. Got a small amount of sediment from the heater core. Now, I have some heat back on the driver's side, but no where near the level of the passenger side.
I have ensured all the motors for blend, mode, and recirculation doirs are working as they should, too.
Excuse me if this is a duplicate post.
​​
Anyone with any ideas of my next step?

Last edited by IAV8; 09-24-2023 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 409 Likes on 384 Posts

Welcome to JKF. Good to see your 1st post.. looking at all you listed, Cycle the temp knob full range both ways several times.. could be in the HVAC head unit.. another thought is about the blend air door; I saw you noted the motor is functioning, Check to see if you can move the blend door manually..
The following users liked this post:
IAV8 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JKF. Good to see your 1st post.. looking at all you listed, Cycle the temp knob full range both ways several times.. could be in the HVAC head unit.. another thought is about the blend air door; I saw you noted the motor is functioning, Check to see if you can move the blend door manually..
I have checked the blend door, both electrically and manually...moves with no restrictions.
Read another about reversing the lines?? Is that possible??
Old 09-25-2023, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2010 blend doors have been sticking since new ( when really cold out). Sometimes I have to remove (a pain) the glove box reach in and help them along. Seen a lot of youtube, those cores keep plugging up with the engine casting product. May have to flush again. Can not see any harm in reversing the coolant lines to the heater just to see what happens.
The following users liked this post:
IAV8 (10-01-2023)

Quick Reply: Low Heat on Driver's Sude