Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lots of Limp Mode

Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of Limp Mode

Ok from what I've read in the past, lots of us have experienced limp mode. Just restart the engine and go on your merry way.

I've had the jeep start from cold in limp mode twice in the last two days, and at least once more making 3 times in 4 days. The last restart I didn't even shut it down long enough for the radio to turn off and everything was fine.

Has anyone else had it this badly? If it keeps up it will end up at the dealer for sure, I just am wondering how common this is.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't know if it may be the same issue but I had this bad one month after I bought my Jeep. Ended up having to get it towed back to the dealer and they found that a wire from leading to a portion of the computer had not been crimped right from the factory.... Oh yeah, all of the bs because someone didn't know how connect two wires together...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you have it flashed lately for the hot temp warning ? I see where its a 0 10 model
Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

No I have not taken it in for the recall. I was going to try and gauge what to do with this at the same time.

Quick Reply: Lots of Limp Mode