Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"It looks like a Mini-Hummer"

Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
i saw the same thing at the hummer dealer on Telegraph last week! i said to my wife and kids, "WHO TRADED IN THEIR JEEP FOR A HUMMER!"
THEN..... yesterday i went through the roof i turned on the JK and the Mygig turned on BUT no sound. when i turned the dial, the volume and numbers didn't appear. i turned the JK off and on ten times then gave up. i drove 30 minutes with no radio i've almost had it with all these "bugs" in this thing. the roof leaks. the door is now rattling like in other threads! the radio that i waited for forever is a piece. the dash lights go on like it's possessed. and it runs poorly after the dealer replaced the fuel pump. $35K pain in my butt! i don't get it. i had the first year TJ in 1997 and that thing was bulletproof. so i wait for the second year run JK and it has more problems and recalls then a Pinto!
Man that sucks for you, Lemon Law it if your dealer doesn't get it right, it's how I replaced my 06 Rubi which was a total POS, figured the last build year they'd have gotten right, whatever total crap. I have had no issues with my 07 Rubi, guess I just got a good batch. The only thing they've had to fix was the rattling clutch and when the front axle started leaking a few drips they replaced the entire front D44 axle.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sethco
Last night my the family went out to eat and when we were leaving a yellow H3 was parked next to us. My daughter said "look daddy a yellow Jeep". I said very loudly "No Honey that isn't a Jeep, that is a guy with too much money, and too stupid to do research before he bought it". Just then the alarm on the H3 chirped and the guy about 5 feet behind me was holding the keys glaring at me. I smiled ear to ear as I saw him, and before I got in the Jeep I said loud enough the whole parking lot could have heard. "Hey Honey would you like to take the top off the Jeep!"
He never said one word!
I love that!!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, now if someone compares you you can always say, "Yeah, except my Wrangler actually sells and isn't about to be dropped from Jeeps line up."

GM Closing Four Truck and SUV Plants in North America
By TOM KRISHER, AP
Posted: 2008-06-03 09:13:11
WILMINGTON, DEL. (AP) - General Motors Corp. is closing four truck and SUV plants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico as surging fuel prices hasten a dramatic shift to smaller vehicles.

CEO Rick Wagoner said Tuesday before the automaker's annual meeting in Delaware the plants to be closed are in Oshawa, Ontario; Moraine, Ohio; Janesville, Wis.; and Toluca, Mexico. He also said the Hummer brand may be discontinued.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hummer Recovery Unit

Personally, I have the "Hummer Recovery Unit" bumper sticker. When someone says that to me, I tell them to look at the sticker, then I tell them:

"That's in case a guy accidentally takes a Hummer Offroad"

Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

Well I'm sure by now we've all heard that GM is putting up Hummer for SALE. I think that one explains it's self. I have nothing against H1s if I could afford one and the diesel to go with it ($4.60 a gal) I'd probably get one they look cool. I can see why people think the 4 door resembles a hummer but just remember that the hummer came after the jeep. It just took Jeep way to long to come up with a 4 door wrangler.

I do agree with whom ever posted about it looking like a mercedes g wagon. I would say it looks like that more then anything else.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

One of my nephews called it the "Demon Mobile"

Best name for it ever!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StevieRay
Personally, I have the "Hummer Recovery Unit" bumper sticker. When someone says that to me, I tell them to look at the sticker, then I tell them:

where'd you get the sticker? been looking for one
Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StevieRay

Mine says "If I wanted a Hummer, I'd call you sister"
all was well until a chick in the parking lot walked by and said "I am the sister"
Now my wife seems to think I need to remove it
Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Default me no understand???

this thread is about people calling our Jeeps Hummers. We all take offense to it, yet i keep reading all these people REMOVING the Jeep logo off of the grill and other locations. Why are we taking off things that identify our vehicles as Jeeps then getting mad b/c others think it's a Hummer?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got this comment from a 7 year old kid yesterday for the first time. . . . "Is that a Hummer?"

I told him that it was a Jeep and it was better than a Hummer. I told him that Hummers only look cool but that Jeeps ARE cool. . . Hope I made an impression.

Quick Reply: "It looks like a Mini-Hummer"