Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"It looks like a Mini-Hummer"

Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate when people say that about mine.

I typically just glare and mutter something about my vehicle being able to go places other than the mall...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Talking From the FUH2 site

I almost fell off my couch... Perfect hummer offroad review, and the quote!!!

Submission by: flying squirrel

Date: February 15, 2008

dumb ass almost flipped it down the side of the mtn into the lake. thank god for the tree.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just say "Speaking of a nice Hummer, how is your wife doing?" That usually shuts them up.

We did a thread like this over a year ago. One guy actually parked next to a hummer. The hummer owner had the balls to say, "So, you bought the poor mans hummer, eh" What a dick! The above line would have been good for him!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Should just have a bumper sticker that simply states:

CAN YOUR HUMMER DO THIS?

So wether you are rolling with the top down, or doors off, or both, or taking it through the trails, They will know who has the superior vehicle!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yesterday I was driving by a hummer dealership (in Novi to be exact) and guess what I saw on display. Outside the dealership they had two vehicles up on rocks for display and one of them was a wrangler unlimited. I think it was crying. To make matters worse since this was a hummer only dealership, that means someone traded in their unlimited for a hummer.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Exclamation

Originally Posted by hkusp40
Not a 4WD mag but car and driver did one.

www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/crossovers_and_suvs/2008_hummer_h3_alpha_vs_2008_jeep_wrangler_unlimit ed_comparison_test/(page)/1
Anyone else notice the Rescue Green "Rubicon" pictured in the article is actually a Sahara?

Nice write up, otherwise.

Originally Posted by kuba
Yesterday I was driving by a hummer dealership (in Novi to be exact) and guess what I saw on display. Outside the dealership they had two vehicles up on rocks for display and one of them was a wrangler unlimited. I think it was crying. To make matters worse since this was a hummer only dealership, that means someone traded in their unlimited for a hummer.
Apparently that's the only way to get people to pull into a Hummer dealer
Old 06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

I do have to say that one of my old time favorites is the H1. It's rugged and has amazing payload capacity.

No, it's not a Jeep and it probably won't go as far in certain terrains, while in others it will.

As for drivers, I think most Hummer, especially, H2 and H3, drivers are the most brain washed bunch of ignorant idiots. NOT ALL, JUST MOST.

It's actually funny, when we were doing a fairly easy trail close to town, one that we had done dozens of times in our lifted Liberties, we came across a real estate agent taking his H2 through. He pulled up beside us and said that he wouldn't recommend we go there with Jeeps. Ya, I know it's Liberties, but believe me our Liberties have been on many trails that many Wranglers hav't been on.

But moral of the story, is the guy didn't have a clue what he was doing cause the trail was easy. He had some coin to spend, and he's the guy the advertisers love, because they can make a picture of his truck on Mt. Everest and he'll go around telling people his truck can go there.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tolh13
today as i was sitting at a red light the car next to me beeps his horn and rolls down the window it a 70 year old man and his wife.he ask is that a hummer?no it's a 4 door jeep...old man then turns to his wife and said told you at looks too good to be a hummer.then give me the thumbs up and drives off.

p.s. no nose picking in the new jk someone is always looking at you.or get dark tint windows up front.

Now that is funny! I catch girls doing that behind the wheel all the time.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Too funny! I wouldn't take offense, have never heard that because I have a 2-dr I guess. But once leaving The Room Store, this couple was walking out and by our Jeep as we were getting in, this guys wife said "baby that doesn't look like a Hummer I'm confused", the guys laughs out loud at her and says "No silly, it's a HUMMER RESCUE UNIT sticker, it's a Jeep that rescues stuck Hummers"....she said "ohhhhhh ok now I get it".
Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Default i love my JK but...

Originally Posted by kuba
i saw the same thing at the hummer dealer on Telegraph last week! i said to my wife and kids, "WHO TRADED IN THEIR JEEP FOR A HUMMER!"
THEN..... yesterday i went through the roof i turned on the JK and the Mygig turned on BUT no sound. when i turned the dial, the volume and numbers didn't appear. i turned the JK off and on ten times then gave up. i drove 30 minutes with no radio i've almost had it with all these "bugs" in this thing. the roof leaks. the door is now rattling like in other threads! the radio that i waited for forever is a piece. the dash lights go on like it's possessed. and it runs poorly after the dealer replaced the fuel pump. $35K pain in my butt! i don't get it. i had the first year TJ in 1997 and that thing was bulletproof. so i wait for the second year run JK and it has more problems and recalls then a Pinto!

Last edited by MI MudBoss; 06-03-2008 at 06:14 AM. Reason: forgot one more problem

Quick Reply: "It looks like a Mini-Hummer"