Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"It looks like a Mini-Hummer"

Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i get the hummer comment... most again are meant as compliments

one guy, a hummer driver told me i bought the jeep b/c i couldnt afford a hummer...

i told him

"you paid twice as much for a fixed door/fixed roof vehicle with small windows... but, if i looked like you, i would not want anyone to see me either."

and the the little ricer cars that love to fly by and cut you off just to come to a stop at the red light where you pull up next to them...

"yeah... if i drove a piece of shit like that, i would drive fast so no one could see it was me. Life will get better one day, dont worry little guy"
Old 03-27-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default If you can read this..........

We have stickers on our trucks that say "If you can read this - you must be second due". The message is that the firetruck behind you isn't going to see the real action.

I was thinking of making up a sticker for my Wrangler that says "If you can read this - you must be in a Hummer" and stick it on the REAR of my Wrangler.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FD-LT
I was thinking of making up a sticker for my Wrangler that says "If you can read this - you must be in a Hummer" and stick it on the REAR of my Wrangler.
i spray painted on the diff's in my TJ "if you can read this, you are too close."
Old 03-28-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Junkie

We have stickers on our trucks that say "If you can read this - you must be second due". The message is that the firetruck behind you isn't going to see the real action.

I think a more appropriate location for that sticker would be on the side pillar, so that it's the last thing the soccer moms in their speeding Hummers see before they T-bone you. I've seen a lot of the "If you can read this..." stickers, but I prefer the "Warning: don't follow - you won't make it where I'm going."
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

I remeber 3wks ago that I started a thread the the 4dr JK looks like a H3. And it funny now how you guys are cool and dont seem to care how your 4dr Jks are getting compared to H3's. But back then I was getting ripped apart for my opnion. You guys are to funny.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's my note @ the receiving end of my tow line!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Black JK
I remeber 3wks ago that I started a thread the the 4dr JK looks like a H3. And it funny now how you guys are cool and dont seem to care how your 4dr Jks are getting compared to H3's. But back then I was getting ripped apart for my opnion. You guys are to funny.
That's because when you started your thread, you said...

To my point, the 4dr in anyway you look at it with a lift or not, looks like a HUMMER H2. How many of you 4dr owner have gotten hey nice hummer. If I got that I would trade my Jeep in immediately. Not trying to be an ass. Just expressing my opinion. More opinions welcomed.
There's a major difference between stating an opinion and trying to piss people off. By the way, don't send me any more F-U PM's for stating mine, it's childish.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh well now i am all dissappointed. I didnt get any F-U PM's.
did i miss the post where i could order those?

yup, they are similar in that they roughly have the same outside shape, come to think of it... they all have 4 doors too!

and wheels! 5! if you count the spare!

yup, the grill has slots too!

Jeep came first, then the hummer.

immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-29-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
aas
JK Enthusiast

Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Jedi Master

Aas, what's your point?

Quick Reply: "It looks like a Mini-Hummer"