Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Long Build sheet

Old 10-10-2007, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saltman
you're supposed to get the tinted windows with the dual top group. or atleast you were if its an 2007. .

Actually, dual top group did not get you the tinted tops automatically. You also had to order the tinted windows group. Earlier in 2007. you got both tops tinted for the same 300 bucks, later in the year, the price went up to just over 500 bucks for the dual top tined package.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

some of the cars shipped via rail system are protected with a coating to keep rail dust from getting into the clear coat. It is shipped with a remover that they use during the PDI (pre delivery inspection) process to remove the protective coating from the paint.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

There's clear coat on these things? They scratch so easily I would have thought they forgot to clear coat them.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billycj7
some of the cars shipped via rail system are protected with a coating to keep rail dust from getting into the clear coat. It is shipped with a remover that they use during the PDI (pre delivery inspection) process to remove the protective coating from the paint.
Thanks that clears it up.
maybe we could get them to leave it on as a trail protectant
Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billycj7
Actually, dual top group did not get you the tinted tops automatically. You also had to order the tinted windows group. Earlier in 2007. you got both tops tinted for the same 300 bucks, later in the year, the price went up to just over 500 bucks for the dual top tined package.
that's interesting. I'm pretty sure when I was looking at the Jeep build site it said that back then. I could be wrong, of course. Sounds like you know what you're talking about. Was the tinted window group an automatic option that you had to take.... kinda like the electronic sway/locker in the X. (or whatever it is with the sway I forget.) I know some options are sold at separate prices but you have to order both if you want one of them.

Last edited by saltman; 10-10-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
that's interesting. I'm pretty sure when I was looking at the Jeep build site it said that back then. I could be wrong, of course. Sounds like you know what you're talking about. Was the tinted window group an automatic option that you had to take.... kinda like the electronic sway/locker in the X. (or whatever it is with the sway I forget.) I know some options are sold at separate prices but you have to order both if you want one of them.
No, Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows has always been a separate option (equipment code GCD), and has never been an included option as part of a package whether for Dual Tops or anything else.

Some dealers/salesmen didn't believe this, though, and had to deal with angry new-Jeep Owners when they came to pick up their rig to find it lacking window tint.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He is correct..and the deep tint option was for both the tops early on as he indicated. All windows from the factory have a factory tint..its every so slight, and looks absolutely clear to most people.

IIRC It's mostly there to help reflect UV and protect the interior, albeit a poor job.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
These kittens are getting killed left and right.... Man is it sad...

I call it a truck. The term "Rig" sounds too gay to me. I am in the oil and gad business (Drilling) and a Rig is short for Drilling Rig- something entirely different.

But I hate cats anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
He is correct..and the deep tint option was for both the tops early on as he indicated. All windows from the factory have a factory tint..its every so slight, and looks absolutely clear to most people.

IIRC It's mostly there to help reflect UV and protect the interior, albeit a poor job.
Wow I got lucky then. I got a tinted hard top and non tinted softop. I don't know why I didn't look for tint when I purchased it. The clear windows absolutely suck. I had the tinted in my TJ and miss them. Gonna buy some replacements someday for the soft top. I've seen them for 170.

Can anyone confirm that a dealer ordered hard top only comes tinted?

Quick Reply: Long Build sheet