Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Locking center console that won't. . ..lock

Old 10-10-2010, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking center console that won't. . ..lock

hello all,

I'm new to my JKU Sahara, all of about 24 hours but I'm loving it so far. I do have a question about it though. My center console doesn't stay closed when I have it locked. Is this a common issue? Is there any adjustment I can make? It locks and the button no longer depresses, but it's like the hinge of the top flexes a little bit and it lets the lid open. Any ideas?

thanks!
Larry
Old 10-11-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is it a 2011? I have a 2010 and when it's locked, it's locked. You'd hafta break it to get it open. I'd take it to the dealer and look at another of the same year and see if that one does it, or just have them fix it. considering you've had it for 24 hours... shouldn't cost you a dime.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Just another cheap Jeep console

I have a 2011 and if yours is as bad as mine then I understand. The plastic locking hinge is pretty but cheap. This is my third jeep and the other two had Tuffy Center Consoles. As soon as Tuffy comes out with one to fit the 2011 I will be buying. If you are serious about wanting protection.....go Tuffy. If not, maybe take the stock back to the dealer. I tried to lock mine and my wife just opened it up with no problem. Same old cheap consoles. Good Luck!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by grim_creation
Is it a 2011? I have a 2010 and when it's locked, it's locked. You'd hafta break it to get it open. I'd take it to the dealer and look at another of the same year and see if that one does it, or just have them fix it. considering you've had it for 24 hours... shouldn't cost you a dime.
It's actually a 2009, just bought it used but since it's under warranty I'm having the dealer fix it. . . .I know that it may promote someone trying to break into it but living in Iowa most people won't break into it. . . more then anything I just would like it to work the way it was intended! Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 2009 never stayed locked when it was locked. The lock wouldn't even slow down the 12 year old punk that wants what is inside.

Quick Reply: Locking center console that won't. . ..lock