Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Locker Question

Old 03-14-2017, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsebeater
Lock the lockers one at a time going slow in a circle. You will feel them engage. Drive straight to unlock.
Adding note to not disengage them while they're still under load (in the middle of sharp turn). Much smoother operation when they're not under load in a straight line. Learned my lesson after I got a loud pop while disengaging in the middle of a sharp turn on grass. Everything was fine but still worth noting.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for all the help I appreciate it....I'm learning a lot about lockers !

I'm just gonna have them put it on the lift, if they refuse, I walk....
Old 03-14-2017, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2MWL
Thanks again for all the help I appreciate it....I'm learning a lot about lockers ! I'm just gonna have them put it on the lift, if they refuse, I walk....
I mean if it's a dealer they should be able to verify the lockers are working and document it.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
Adding note to not disengage them while they're still under load (in the middle of sharp turn). Much smoother operation when they're not under load in a straight line. Learned my lesson after I got a loud pop while disengaging in the middle of a sharp turn on grass. Everything was fine but still worth noting.
Yes this is very important!!! Always disengage when the wheels are straight and stopped then roll slowly forward the carrier will unlock and you will be able to continue your ride.

Good input....
Old 03-15-2017, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Yes this is very important!!! Always disengage when the wheels are straight and stopped then roll slowly forward the carrier will unlock and you will be able to continue your ride. Good input....
X2... plus it helps to not disengage 4lo in turns too. Just yesterday (coincidentally as it may be) I got stuck in 4lo trying to go back to 4hi/2hi in a turn/off camber situation. Even tho the tcase let me back in to 2hi, the tcase kept me in 4lo locked for a while. Had to go forward/reverse about ten times to get it to actually go back to 2hi. Scary when it happens because until it actually unlocked, I thought I screwed something up. It did that to me one other time at the pismo dunes. Not sure... but I think next time what I'll do is undo the lockers first, make sure their actually off, then switch the tcase out of 4lo. Switching from 4lo locked to 2hi is what I think caused the "hiccup".

Quick Reply: Locker Question