Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

lifts

Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifts

Looking at a 3.5 in lift do I have to replace drive shafts or will I have issues with them I have a 2010 stock jeep wrangler sport. Standard shift. Please advise
Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkd3624
Looking at a 3.5 in lift do I have to replace drive shafts or will I have issues with them I have a 2010 stock jeep wrangler sport. Standard shift. Please advise
You should be okay for a while since you have a 6 speed (an automatic has a bigger front drive shaft and will have clearance issues) but at 3+inches of suspension lift, you will need new double cartigan drive shafts sooner or later( your cv boot on the shaft will rip and the single cartigan joint will fail, leaving you stuck on the side of the road) if you get the lift, id order new drive shafts as soon as possible. If you don't want to change your shafts, you can get a 2-2.5 inch lift and a 1.25 body lift

Quick Reply: lifts