Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

lift difference between rubi and X

Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the weakest possible springs from the factory and had springs from a 4 door rubi JKU with tow package put on my Jeep and it easily gave me a 1/2 inch or an inch of extra room
Old 11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babiehughie
However, the difference in spring rates is not enough to give lift, nor is it enough to "fix" rake. The spring rates differ by < 25 lbs each throughout the range put on the different vehicles.
That is not true .. Here is my 2-door JK with JKU Springs and shocks .... does it look like stock ride height to you?

Stock Rubi from jeep.com

Last edited by dmhines; 11-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babiehughie
All of the Wrangler models use the same height spring. Some use a slightly stiffer spring rate - 4dr vs 2dr, left vs right side, tow package vs non tow package, etc. However, the difference in spring rates is not enough to give lift, nor is it enough to "fix" rake. The spring rates differ by < 25 lbs each throughout the range put on the different vehicles.
thats not true. if you look at the lets solve the stock spring ? thread. i remember someone comparing the x spring they took off to the jku spring they were about to install and it was in fact taller.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pylot7
Hey Chief!

Do a search on this post title - Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question

Or on my handle. Then find that post.

Here's the deal. Take a look at your VIN number. If you have an F in the fourth position of your VIN you have the 4000 to 5000 pound GVW machine. If you have a G then you have a 5000 to 6000 pound GVW machine.

If you have a G, the Rubi springs will not make a difference, in fact depending on what you get you may go backwards.

That post has all the spring part numbers and it's easy to figure out where you are with your spring numbers.

After all of the homework I did I ended up getting the Teraflex 2.5" lift with the shocks. Best thing I ever did. You can run 33's all day and the capability you pick up on the trail is incredible.
my 2 dr x has the f in the vin and i happend to come across a rubi unlimited with tow package suspension that has the g in the vin for FREE so i figure with the 3/4" spacers i have that should be a nice upgrade for cheap and i should be able to fit 33's no prob.

Quick Reply: lift difference between rubi and X