Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lifetime warranty owners ... Don't let your warranty lapse!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiblet

The lifetime power train warranty only applies to certain vehicles purchased between certain dates. Late 07s through early 09s. Someone will post the real dates of the program, I hope!

This wasn't a plan anyone purchased, it was a program give away by Chrysler.

EDIT. See link in post below for FAQ and program dates.
I purchased lifetime warranty on my 2013
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

This is one of the reasons I told the dealer to go pound sand when they tried to sell me this thing. For what I read virtually everywhere they do everything to kick you out of it, after you paid for it.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chad s

I purchased lifetime warranty on my 2013
That's a different program than the giveaway that requires the 5-yr inspection.

See the link I posted.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. My 08 is at the dealership now. It's 5 years comes up next month. So, i'm within my 60 days to have it inspected. I'm paying for there inspection anyways. So, hopefully it's covered. They told me this morning that I have a cracked water pump and i'm leaking oil around the crank shaft. I've also got a faulty clock spring. They wanted $6xx to fix the water pump and oil leak issue. I told them I have the unlimited powertrain warranty. They are suppose to call me back to see if any of it's covered. IT DAMN WELL BETTER BE!!!

edit:
Got a call from the dealer. Water pump and crankshaft seal are being replaced under warranty. Jeep should be ready in a day or two.

Last edited by JKChad; 10-14-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Recently took mine in for inspection, no issues. They did try to say my diff fluid needed changed even though it was done recently... The Royal Purple might have thrown them off though.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear what happened, but not surprised. That's why I will literally follow an awesome service writer to whatever dealer he/she goes to even if 100+ miles away. I've done that every vehicle I've owned. The long drive and a rental car is well worth getting everything that could possibly be covered under warranty actually covered, done right and done in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Took my Wrangler yesterday for the PowerTrain inspection. They put that Jeep through the wringer I tell you. It took about 30 minutes but in that time frame every nook and cranny was check...my gosh they even checked that my wipers were working. Well at least it passed. I can't wait to see what they have plan for the next 5 years... probably will dismantle the Jeep next time.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Took my jeep in today for its inspection. Got the call 3 hours later that it was ready. The jeep passed its inspection. I was just wondering if it should of pass with the boot of the front DS being torn and the seal to the DS where the DS enters the transfer case is blown.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to take mine in, just got my post card. My dealer took the time at delivery to point out the five year inspection requirement and even folded the page over in the special lifetime warranty booklet. I am hopeful they'll take care of a few issues I've noticed lately. I think my CV joints are going and of course I've had the usual oil burn issue. 115k miles this week.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got the transmission replaced through the lifetime pt warranty @119k miles. Asked them to do the inspection while they had it and everything passed. Pretty happy that I had it, the cost in them doing the trans was $4116.00!

Quick Reply: Lifetime warranty owners ... Don't let your warranty lapse!