Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

License plate light and rear passenger brake light out?

Old 06-18-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License plate light and rear passenger brake light out?

Hey guys,

After relocating my license plate to the spare tire following this thread, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Relocate/page3, I'm having some issues with my license plate light and rear passenger brake light. I ran the wires and connected them and everything was working fine. I tightened down my spare and adjusted everything, then when I went to turn the lights on again to make sure they were working I got nothing. The rear driver side brake light is fine but the passenger and lic. plate light don't turn on. I tried hooking up different wires straight form the connector to the license plate light and I still get nothing.

Is this something as simple as a fuse or worse? It's 11 pm right now so I can't drive anywhere and I don't have any fuses on hand to try.

Thanks,
Dom
Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Start with the fuse,then the bulb and then the wires odds are the bulb is bad
Old 06-18-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
Start with the fuse,then the bulb and then the wires odds are the bulb is bad
Thanks for the reply. If the fuse doesn't work where can I find the correct bulb? I already tried new wires
Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Im searching for thread to help me out as well. My license plate bulb went out and replaced it and still hasn't turned on. Does anyone know the #of the fuse position? I cant seem to find it on the display. I need coffee :\

Quick Reply: License plate light and rear passenger brake light out?