Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question

Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To do it right track bars or trac bar brackets, and front camber cams for the lower control arms
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DanieltheManual
Rear brake lines need to be addressed, fronts have plenty of play for upto 3" shocks....
So I picked up my Rubi suspension today.Here`s a picture of what I got.The guy at 4WD Parts said I would`nt need brake line extension brackets.

I figured I'd take everything he was offering.My question is:are any of the extra parts,aside from the springs and shocks,upgrades from what came on my X model?

Here is the Jeep they came off.Very impressive.He had the body wrapped in flat olive drab.

Check out his license plate.One of the better ones I`ve seen:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	434024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	434025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0388.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	434026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0389.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	434027  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MikeK46

Throw in a 1" coil spacer all around
Huh. That is EXACTLY what we did- actually by accident in the rear. My mechanic thought the rear pucks from the TF Leveling kit were stock, so left them in, and took out the front pucks. We decided to put one inch of pucks up front, and have a very geometric stance. We are going to remove the remaining pucks up front and install the JKS ACOS next week. It's becoming a JKS Wrangler
Old 03-15-2013, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just make sure on the last four digits. I have 18/59's on with ruby shocks. Will add 1" spacers all around from TF leveling kit like Mike's. Was going to add both In front but worried I'd have the look of the Carolina Squat! Might have two 1" spacers for sale though.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DANZHAWAII
So I picked up my Rubi suspension today.Here`s a picture of what I got.The guy at 4WD Parts said I would`nt need brake line extension brackets.

I figured I'd take everything he was offering.My question is:are any of the extra parts,aside from the springs and shocks,upgrades from what came on my X model?

Here is the Jeep they came off.Very impressive.He had the body wrapped in flat olive drab.

Check out his license plate.One of the better ones I`ve seen:
The only thing different are the coils and shocks (maybe), so that's all you need. Before installing the coils compare the numbers on the tags to those on your jeep currently. Just because they are Rubi, doesn't mean they are different. They could be the same and you could possibly have the red shocks already if haven't checked, as they were put on lots of different models, not just Rubis.

My fiancees JK was ordered from the factory with Rubi shocks, rims/tires, but had the lowest coils as it was a 2dr sport base model. So they can be order any which way. I bought a takeoff set of Rubi parts and forget to check coil numbers and the Rubi had the same stuff as us, so it was a waste of time and money. Lesson learned to never forget the little details
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice to have a spare crossmember and control arms and rear trackbar,mine are scratched and bent, I have spares too. You won't need brakes lines until you get longer shocks. Basically install springs, pucks and shocks, tighten it up once everything is in while sitting level with all tires on the ground. Might as well get the grade 8 bolt kit too also get front disconnects and put front sway links, longer on rear swaybar...you shouldn't need an alignment or adjustable trackbars...
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DanieltheManual
Nice to have a spare crossmember and control arms and rear trackbar,mine are scratched and bent, I have spares too. You won't need brakes lines until you get longer shocks. Basically install springs, pucks and shocks, tighten it up once everything is in while sitting level with all tires on the ground. Might as well get the grade 8 bolt kit too also get front disconnects and put front sway links, longer on rear swaybar...you shouldn't need an alignment or adjustable trackbars...
If staying at 2-3 inches from coil and/or spacer install, you can save money and go with fixed length quick disconnects and control arms for the front from JKS.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default http://www.jk-forum.com/stock-jk-tech-12/lets-solve-stock-springs-question-85825/page

Originally Posted by JK Inspired
If staying at 2-3 inches from coil and/or spacer install, you can save money and go with fixed length quick disconnects and control arms for the front from JKS.
Thanks for all the info guys.I bought a Daystar 3/4" front spacer to level it out.I'll take picks of the before and after and the install.Hopefully next week.We don`t do anything too radical off road.Mostly just the moderate trails.Looking forward to the Rubi ride characteristics.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 AM
JK Freak

The springs off of four door Mountain edition would surely give a two door Rubicon some height I would think
Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7
The springs off of four door Mountain edition would surely give a two door Rubicon some height I would think
only if they are longer springs. when it comes to springs there are no quarantees, you have to check the numbers. My jku came with 17/58 springs and my buddies MW3 with tow came with 15's in the front. it is a crap shoot. Easy to check tho just look at the tags on the springs.

Quick Reply: Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question