Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question

Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I should be level with two 19's on the front and 59's on the rear (which are already on the Jeep)? I just dont want the front to be up higher than the rear.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by granth77
So I should be level with two 19's on the front and 59's on the rear (which are already on the Jeep)? I just dont want the front to be up higher than the rear.
Are you trying to get level? Going from 15/16 to 19's should give you roughly a 1.5 inch lift depending on your setup, maybe slightly less. You can always throw in some spacers in the rear like the Daystar ones, which are about $30.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just level, since the front currently sits about 1.25 inches lower than the back. I went ahead and went with two 19's. They'll be here next week. Price was $42.75 each from the local dealer.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default TF leveling kit or 19/60 springs?

hey guys, great Info on the springs!
I have 2012 sport s unlimited, I got a set of Rubi shocks with 50 miles on them from ebay, and I have 17/58 both sides springs.
I want to level up the wrangler plus adding a slight lift to fit 33.5"x12x17 tires without any problems and maintaing a good ride quality with the red shocks that I got.

option 1: get 19/60 factory springs, how much lift should I expect? ride quality ? and will they work with the rubi red shocks ?

option 2: TF leveling kit, on my 17/58 springs with the rubi shocks? ride quality ?

what will be a better combo with exact tires size I mentioned above and the red rubi shocks ? option 1 or option 2 ?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK Q8
I have 2012 sport s unlimited, I got a set of Rubi shocks with 50 miles on them from ebay, and I have 17/58 both sides springs.
I want to level up the wrangler plus adding a slight lift to fit 33.5"x12x17 tires without any problems and maintaing a good ride quality with the red shocks that I got.

option 1: get 19/60 factory springs, how much lift should I expect? ride quality ? and will they work with the rubi red shocks ?

option 2: TF leveling kit, on my 17/58 springs with the rubi shocks? ride quality ?

what will be a better combo with exact tires size I mentioned above and the red rubi shocks ? option 1 or option 2 ?
I second that question. I'm doing the same thing. Is it worth going from 17/58's to 19/60's to make 33's look better. Plus the dealer will never know the difference with the 19/60 they might say something about spring spacers if you need warranty work done but we all know that's B.S.

Last edited by killerbee2012; 02-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by killerbee2012
I second that question. I'm doing the same thing. Is it worth going from 17/58's to 19/60's to make 33's look better. Plus the dealer will never know the difference with the 19/60 they might say something about spring spacers if you need warranty work done but we all know that's B.S.

I think is was stated earlier that the average amount of lift people have been experiencing is around 1/4 to 1/3" per spring rate increment. If that's true, I don't think I'd bother going changing out your current springs. I think you'd be a better candidate for a BB.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK Q8

Originally Posted by killerbee2012
The gains most folks are listing are for putting the JKU Rubi springs on the much lighter two door JK. I wouldn't expect these gains to be the same on the JKU Sport. 33.5x12 will fit on the JK with no lift. Check my albums and you'll see 33.5 x 12 GY DT's on 15x10 wheels with a 4" BS.. With no lift, with a leveling kit and with 18/59's. I saw a net gain of almost 2" going from the stock 15/55's to 18/59's. I ended up taking out the leveling kit.

As far as the dealer not knowing.. While it won't as obvious as having a set of Fox shocks under your rig, the build sheet and specs of the Jeep will show what your JK left the factory wearing. You MIGHT get some points with the dealer for staying OE, but to think they they will never know the difference and won't make a stink might be overly optimistic.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikekiM
The gains most folks are listing are for putting the JKU Rubi springs on the much lighter two door JK. I wouldn't expect these gains to be the same on the JKU Sport. 33.5x12 will fit on the JK with no lift. Check my albums and you'll see 33.5 x 12 GY DT's on 15x10 wheels with a 4" BS.. With no lift, with a leveling kit and with 18/59's. I saw a net gain of almost 2" going from the stock 15/55's to 18/59's. I ended up taking out the leveling kit.

As far as the dealer not knowing.. While it won't as obvious as having a set of Fox shocks under your rig, the build sheet and specs of the Jeep will show what your JK left the factory wearing. You MIGHT get some points with the dealer for staying OE, but to think they they will never know the difference and won't make a stink might be overly optimistic.
There is no way they can tell what springs you have in. Is realy not hard to switch the tags. I questioned them about the springs that my jeep was supposed to come with because of sagging issues with towing and they couldnt tell me from my build sheet ..Trying to get them to put 19/60's in. If I payed for max tow I want to be able to pull 3500lbs. With out the ass sagging
Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

I agree. You probably wouldn't see much over 1/2 an inch with that change on a jku. You're 10% heavier than a 2dr so your gains won't be the same amount. If you want to run those tires and not worry about warranty I would talk to your dealership whether or not they would have an issue with adding 1 inch bumpstops to the axel side (which is very cheap) and doesn't really change anything.

The springs might be a little help with the heavier spare tire and any other items you add. And FYI it's reported that you can fit 35's with no lift if you chop the fenders or put flat ones on.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

thanx guys! some previous posts mentioned that the 19/60 springs will improve the ride especially with the rubi shocks that I just got and I wanna maintain a
close ride quality to stock.

I hope that I can get at least 3/4" up front if I switch from 17/58 to 19/60, because my wheels have a 4.75 backspacing.

I'll install the new tires after swapping shocks and springs, and if there is any rubbing it would probably be against the air dam so I'll trim it!

Quick Reply: Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question