Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question

Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daggo66
They are in fact the stiffest stock springs available. I run them and am very satisfied with them.
Hi Daggo66... Are you running them on a 11 JKU Rubicon- were they stock on the purchase or an after purchase - hows the ride - does your JK sit level with these?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

I just ordered my 19/60's today! Should be in by next week! I'll post after I install.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcc

Hi Daggo66... Are you running them on a 11 JKU Rubicon- were they stock on the purchase or an after purchase - hows the ride - does your JK sit level with these?
As stated in an earlier post , I went from 13/14 front & 55 rear to 17/59 and I sit level. Stock front bumper yet and but have a body armor rear bumper/tire carrier with Jerry cans. When I add my RR front stubby I suspect that I might need to go to 19 in the front
Old 03-12-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool... I'm picking up a set on Monday from my local dealer 19/60's - sounds like from the feedback they will help with the extra weight I've added with bumpers and roof rack... Will report back on outcome after I install with measurements before and after!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool... I'm picking up a set on Monday from my local dealer 19/60's - sounds like from the feedback they will help with the extra weight I've added with bumpers and roof rack... Will report back on outcome after I install with measurements before and after!
Mind if I ask what the dealer is asking for the springs? I bought mine used.
thanks
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

160.00 w/tax... I had a 10 percent coupon I used - I thought it was a pretty good deal.

How did you do on the used set?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

160.00 w/tax... I had a 10 percent coupon I used - I thought it was a pretty good deal.

How did you do on the used set?
Paid $80 and he threw in the shocks as well. I have a budy that wants/needs stiffer springs due to added weight from bumpers and all. Told him to go to the dealer for springs a set.

Any questions on the install let me know, pretty easy mod
Old 03-13-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KDBinAZ
Paid $80 and he threw in the shocks as well. I have a budy that wants/needs stiffer springs due to added weight from bumpers and all. Told him to go to the dealer for springs a set.

Any questions on the install let me know, pretty easy mod
Thanks bud... a few questions: where's the best place to start from - do you remove one wheel at a time or both working from an axle with body jacks - what about brake lines... loosen them from the bracket I would suspect would be a good idea... Any first hand advice would be appreachiated?

p.s. you still in AZ? I lived in Tempe for a few years back in early 2000.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks bud... a few questions: where's the best place to start from - do you remove one wheel at a time or both working from an axle with body jacks - what about brake lines... loosen them from the bracket I would suspect would be a good idea... Any first hand advice would be appreachiated?

p.s. you still in AZ? I lived in Tempe for a few years back in early 2000.
Rear-Remove both wheels, jack up both sides and supported with stands by the frame in front of the wheel.

Disconnect shocks, Sway bars and brake line brackets (support axle with stock jack)

Lower axle until springs can be removed.

Same process for the front. Did both ends with stock jack and jack stands

Yes in queen creek, moved here from WI two yrs ago, love it!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KDBinAZ
Rear-Remove both wheels, jack up both sides and supported with stands by the frame in front of the wheel.

Disconnect shocks, Sway bars and brake line brackets (support axle with stock jack)

Lower axle until springs can be removed.

Same process for the front. Did both ends with stock jack and jack stands

Yes in queen creek, moved here from WI two yrs ago, love it!
Thanks Bud... I'm planning this for Thursday - I saw a post where someone indicated disconnecting the ABS cables as well? not sure if I need a special tool for that or if even needed... also doing a MBRP exhaust - will do that when the rear tires are off and the jeep is on jack stands - seems like a good time to do this as well.

Quick Reply: Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question